Chapter 34

"Wait. We should go back in there." I say. Chloe raises an eyebrow.

"Why? After what I said to that cop in there, I don't think we'll make any progress."

"They have to help us. We might be in danger!"

"Might. They're not going to help us if we don't have any proof. They're good for nothing donut eaters anyways." Chloe has a lot of hate for police officers.

"That feeling you had is proof enough. I believe you."

"Yeah, but they won't."

"What about David? Wouldn't he believe you?" I ask. She just sits there.

"Maybe. He probably would. Or, he might think I'm high. Who knows." That's a possibility.

"Don't tell him about the whole time travel thing, or the gypsy thing either. I'm sure if we explain what's going on logically, then he'll believe us." But the time travel is real, therefore it has to be logical, right? That seems like a question for Warren, wherever he is. I hope he's ok.

"Yeah, good idea. I probably shouldn't have told that other guy about the time travel. You saw his face didn't you? He was so fucking confused for a little bit, then he just started laughing, then he got serious. Rachel was kinda like that too. She would go from being happy to sad, then angry, then back to being happy.

"When did you meet Rachel?" I don't think I've asked her that.

"About three years ago. I went to a concert and that's when we met. It's all a very long and confusing story. I'll just tell you some other time." Why can't she just tell me now?

"Aww, come on, Chloe. Why can't you just tell me now?" She sighs.

"Alright, fine. So, we met at that concert, and it was hella awesome. The next day at school, she acted like we were best friends, even though we had just met. When I saw her the next day, I just got this strange feeling. It was a good feeling, don't get me wrong, but it was definitely strange. Like, it felt like Rachel was going to change my life, and she did." I got something similar to that when I first recognized Chloe after five years.

"How did she change your life?" I ask.

"She-" knock knock. I look over and see David knocking on my window, interrupting Chloe. Perfect timing. I roll down my window.

"Chuck in there informed me of the situation. You two think you're in danger?" He asks.

"Yeah. It's a long story. Did he fill you in on everything?" Chloe asks.

"He told me that you two came in and talked to him about being in danger. He said one brown-haired girl was nice to him, and the other girl, a blue haired punk, wasn't as kind." He says. "Come back inside and we can talk about all of this." David walks inside the police station. Chloe starts to get out.

"Hey Chloe, try not to flip out in there again, ok?" She looks back at me.

"We'll see."
...............
"So you two may be in danger?" David asks. He starts to walk around the interrogation like a police officer would when talking to a criminal. Chloe sits next to me, puffing away at her cigarette, which is getting pretty small. David must have finished his already. I'm surprised they allow people to smoke in here.