Chapter 28

"Chloe! You need to take a deep breath, and calm down." I say.

"I don't want anything else bad to happen to us." She says. "Just, I felt that bad vibe too. You just gotta trust me on this, ok?" Chloe believed I could travel back in time, so I don't see why I couldn't trust her gut.

"Alright. I trust you."

"Do you think has something to do with Chaos Theory? Or The Butterfly Effect?" Maybe. I haven't done too much research on those subjects. I did research time travel, which seems irrelevant to this situation, though maybe I'm wrong.

"Maybe. It might be a good idea to do research on those. I wonder if there's a library here."

"The library-yeah, that's a good idea Max! Instead of using our phones and going on Wikipedia and stuff, we'll read books!" She says sarcastically.

"My phone's dead, and I'm pretty sure you said your's was too. We haven't charged them it what seems like forever." She rolls her eyes on defeat.

"Fine. We can go to the library." Question is, where is the nearest library? "I wanna get something to eat first though." Yeah, me too. I'm starting to get kinda hungry.

"That's what I thought." I smirk. "To the library we go then." Chloe starts the truck and drives onto the road.
...............
"There. That's it." I point to a building in front of us. I'm glad this tiny community has a library, and some fast food places, because we would have gone hungry if there weren't any. She drives into the parking lot.

"The ability to time travel didn't get rid of your ability to read, did it?" She jokes. Chloe seems to be calmer now, so that's good.

"I don't think so. I was able to read the library sign."

"Guess you can still read. That's good, but if I had to choose between being able to read and time travel, I would choose time travel, obviously. That would be hella cool." I laugh.

"It's a perk alright, but it's had so many downsides to it, I don't know if it's worth it."

"That's what we're about to find out." She gets out and starts to walk towards the entrance. I follow, trying to keep up with her brisk pace.

"Hello." The young woman behind the counter says as we walk through the door. I wave, and Chloe doesn't even acknowledge her. She must still be worried about this bad vibe she had. Or maybe she's just being antisocial. Who knows with Chloe. Maybe both. She stops in the middle of the library.

"Where do we go?" Chloe asks me.

"We could ask the woman up front." I suggest. That makes the most sense. It beats aimlessly wondering around.

"You do the talking. I don't really feel like socializing right now." So she is being antisocial, but that may be because she's anxious about the bad vibe. Stop thinking so hard about this Max! It doesn't even matter.

"I can do that. I've always considered myself to be semi-charismatic." Just because I'm an introvert, doesn't mean I don't have the skills to talk to people. I just don't care to socialize in the first place. I mean, with my friends and people I know, it's ok, but with strangers it's kind of hard to do. I've just been pushing myself these last few weeks. I just figured that going back to Arcadia Bay I might as well make an effort to socialize with-.