Chapter 6

"Let's go to the darkroom. David and Jefferson were in there last, but they may not be when we get there."

"What would be the point in going back to that place exactly? And what if they are still there? I don't want to have to explain to step-dildo that I'm running away with you."

"There was food and water down there when we were there, and maybe they are still there, I can't guarantee they're not." I respond. "I don't know about you, but I'm hungry."

She laughs. "Yeah, and some old can of meat from a creepy basement will help with that."

"That's just what I was craving." I respond wittingly. "But really though, if we are leaving this life behind, then that food, as gross as it may be, will be useful." As much as I hate the idea of talking about leaving Arcadia Bay, it's the only way to get Chloe to go to the darkroom.

"Alright Caulfield, you've persuaded me. Let's go." She says after a little while. She backs up and goes down the road, making our way back to the creepy Prescott barn. I never thought we'd find some creepy trapdoor in a barn, but I did have my hopes up for something. If it turned out to be a bust, then I wouldn't have made a very good detective. But I was right, so I am evenly matched in skill to Sherlock.

"Chloe, do you still have that gun?"

"What, you mean...this one?" She says while pulling it out of her pocket and pointing it at my face.

"Chloe! Don't do that! It's dangerous! What if you shoot me?

"You can always rewind time! Duh." She responds feeling smart.

"I can't rewind time if I'm dead. Duh." I respond jokingly.

"Well I, guess you're right." She says smiling. "But it's not fair that you get to watch me die but I can't watch you!" Chloe has a pretty good sense of humor when she's not thinking about things, if not a little eerie. She's had a tough life though, and it's hard not to think about things like your father dying in a car crash, or your friend abandoning you, or your other friend being found dead. I helped to cause that. I really should have been there for her then. At least she had Rachel, but Rachel's gone now. "Hey, Max? Are you on some secret weed that I don't know about? You keep zoning out like you're high. I mean, I'm hella cool with that, as long as you share."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me. I should have at least tried to stay with you." I say randomly.

"Max, there was nothing you could do. You're parents we're going to Seattle and that was that. It's not your fault."

"I could have at least kept in touch. A good friend would have been there for you."

"You're the best-est friends anyone could have! I mean, you're a fucking superhero, you saved my life more than once, and you're here with me now when I really need you." She says while looking forward and still driving. "If you're looking for verbal forgiveness, I forgive you. I forgave you a while ago. I mean, I'm sure you were busy with Seattle and stuff." I was busy the first couple of weeks, but after that I could have communicated with Chloe.

"Thanks. I'm glad I'm forgiven."

"It would probably be dangerous if I didn't forgive you. Like, what if you are the reincarnation of Jesus or something? You do have mad powers Max. You could kill me and rewind, and do that over and over again. It would be nice if you could turn water into wine though."