Chapter 33

"You know what would be good right now? Some coffee from a nice coffee shop." Chloe shrugs.

"If that's what you wanna do, but I could think of a million other things more exciting than that." She says while starting the truck. I'm sure they're exciting to you, but for me, going to a nice, small coffee house is exciting enough. "I guess we'll just drive until we find one. Unless, you know of one here?" She asks.

"Nope. Just drive. I'll keep my eye out for a good one." She drives onto the road. "So, this feeling you got, what was it like?"

"It's hard to explain. It felt like I was going to throw up, but at the same time, I felt major fear and then, out of nowhere, this piercing pain hit my stomach. It was hella crazy."

"It sounds like it. Let's hope it doesn't come back." I say.

"Yeah. It was an uncomfortable feeling." I look out of the window.

"...So, you and David, huh?"

"No, more, mushy, shit, ok?" She pauses between each word. It adds emphasis to her message. I'm assuming that was the intent.

"Fine, but what happened there was really sweet." I say. She rolls her eyes.

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever." I smile. I'm glad Chloe's getting along with David. At least something good happened because of this storm.
...............
"Your coffee will be ready shortly." The hipster man says. Chloe and I walk to a little table next to a window.

"Man, could that guy get any more hipster? He's got the beard and mustache, the glasses, and just that vibe to him. Wonder if he's got any tattoos. I can respect tats."

"Maybe he's thinking to himself 'Man, could that chick get any more punk? She's got the tattoos, blue hair and just some punk vibe to her.' Did you ever think of that?" Chloe shakes her head.

"Nope"

"Well, what if it's true?"

"It can't be. He probably finds that too mainstream." I laugh.

"What do you have against hipsters?" I ask.

"The real question is why don't you hate hipsters as much as me?"

"Because I'm not as punk as you."

"You know, that could be a book: Punks vs. Hipsters, the Battle of the Forces, or something like that." She says.

"Do punks and hipsters hate each other?"

"I don't know, but this punk hates that hipster." I laugh again.

"Well, you hate everyone." I say.

"Nuh-uh! I don't hate you. Well, not that much, anyways."

"Well, I hate you too." I joke. She smiles.

"Medium mocha for Max, and a medium black for Ms. Price." Wonder why Chloe didn't use her first name. And wait, who drinks straight black coffee? Gross. I get up and get the coffee. "Here you are." He says warmly. A smile peaks through his bushy facial hair.

"Thanks." I say. I walk back over to Chloe, who's watching me walk. "Black coffee? Isn't that what maniacs drink?" I ask.

"Probably." She says while taking the coffee from my hand. I sit down across from her again.