Chapter 25

Start music

Kate leans into my face and places her lips onto mine. I just stand there, frozen in place. I don't even know. I could have sworn Kate was a stereotypical Christian girl, not this. She leans back and looks at me.

"So, what do you think? How was it?" I just stand there with my mouth open. "Well, I didn't think it was that good." She jokes.

"I-wha-what!?" I manage to let out.

"You-you didn't like it?" She turns red. "Oh no, you're not into girls, are you?"

"No it's just, I'm shocked that you are. You just seemed like that stereotypical Christian girl."

"There's a lot I keep hidden." She smirks. "But anyways, you have to promise not to tell anyone about any of this; the magazine, the kiss."

"Yeah, I promise. This is all just really strange."

"Don't believe in stereotypes, Max. They're not always right." I always thought I thought differently, but I guess I'm as ignorant as anyone else. "So, tea?" She asks nonchalantly.

"Umm, sure." I say meekly. She pours the tea into the teacups and hands me one. She takes the other and sits down on the couch. How can she act so chill after all of that? I sit down next to her and she looks at me.

"Do you like the tea? It's green-green tea I mean." I haven't even tried it yet. I put the cup up to my mouth and take a sip.

"Mhmm. Yeah, that's good." I say.

"Good. Glad you like it." She sips her tea. I have so many questions for her right now.

"So uh, Kate, that magazine, it's yours?" She nods her head yes.

"I really don't feel comfortable talking about it, but yes, it is." Oh geez Kate. Awkward silence fills the room. "I really don't want this to ruin our friendship." She says after a while. She puts her teacup back onto the trey and leans in to me again. Her lips land on mine and I jump out of shock. She lets up and leans into my ear. "You want this too, don't you?" She whispers breathily. The feeling of guilt and anxiety rises in me, but also lust. I do want this. I just feels so, forbidden. I put my hands on the sides of Kate's face and kiss her aggressively. She kisses back, not as much as I am, but still enough to know she likes this. We stay like this for a little bit, until she lets up. "Wow Max. That was intense." That may have been the most passion in a kiss I've ever had. Though, I haven't kissed too many people.

"Yeah, you can say that again." Suddenly, the door swings open and Carla appears.

"How are-oh, tea!" She says. She looks back up at us. "How are you two doing?"

"We're good." Says Kate.

"That's good, 'cause we'll be a little while longer." She leaves and closes the door behind her.

"That was close. What if we were kissing when she came in?" I say a little worried.

"That's the fun part." She smiles. Jesus, there's a whole other side to Kate I didn't know about. An adventurous, risk taking side. "So, where were we?" She smirks even more now. I smile a little and kiss her on the lips, only for a short time though. She looks at me with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm sorry, I'm just afraid Carla will catch us." She grabs my hand and holds it.

"Don't worry Max. Just loosen up, ok? It'll be fine. Just focus on us, and what we're doing." My face starts to feel warm. "Oh, did I make you blush?" She laughs. It's hard to loosen up with everything that's been going on this week, but it's all over now. It'll be ok. Hopefully. Now, stop thinking about this stuff and get back to what's important. Someone's waiting for you Max!