Chapter Sixteen || Trick

Every door was locked, other than the rooms of me and Jeshire, and the bathroom.

The bedroom doors weren't supposed to lock.

Was it supposed to be like they hadn't existed? Why did we remember them...?

All at once, everyone's phone began to ring. I paused for a minute, before slowly taking mine out of my pocket, answering it and putting it to my ear.

"He-"

"I look forward to watching how you'll figure this out."

The call cut off, and I took my phone away and looked down at it.

"The hell? Is someone watching us?"

"What do you mean, is someone watching us? How did you come up with that?" Ja'far asked, looking a little shaken.

"What did you hear the?" Jeshire asked. "What Y/N said made complete sense."

"Be careful. The way she's going, you're bound to lose her."

Yunan nodded. "I heard that too."

My face warmed up slightly.

"I-It's... bound to be nothing. Whoever did it is just messing with us-"

I cut myself off when I noticed Storm. His eyes were wide with fear, like I had never seen him before.

"Storm? Are you alright?"

"He's going to kill you.."

"What..?"

He stood up and walked to the door.

"I need to find whoever it is before he hurts you."

I followed him and grabbed his wrist, in an attempt to stop him.

"Storm. Calm down, he's just messing with our heads."

He turned his head to look down at me, anger in his eyes.

"How do you know that!? You're just trying to keep us all happy when there's no need to be! I just want to protect you all, so let me go!"

"Please... at least tell me what you heard."

He stayed, quiet, looking down at me, with his wrist still in my hand and his other hand on the door handle.

"Storm." I pleaded.

"...He said he'd hurt you all... he'd kill you the way my family died..."

"How are you going to stop him, then? We don't even know who it was, or if he really meant all those things he said. Please."

He shook his head.

"Let me go. I'll figure out who it is and set him straight."

I hesitantly loosened my grip on his wrist.

"Be careful, whatever you do."

He smiled and I let go, letting him leave.

After he was gone, I turned to the others.

"Why did you do that? What if he gets hurt himself?!" Jeshire asked, a little mad.

"Would you really like to sit, doing nothing, thinking your friends were going to die? Even if nothing will happen, it would be cruel to make him stay."

Storm's POV

Come join me. If you don't, your friends will all die, just like your family.

The words repeated in my head as I walked down the stairs of the apartment building.

Come to Mephisto's office.

Part of me wanted to believe Y/N, to believe that he was just messing with us, and turn back. But I didn't want to risk their lives based on some silly idea.

Maybe I could save them, even though I couldn't save my family.

Maybe I could do at least something to help people before I die.

Matt's POV

"So you aren't at all bothered?" He chuckled.

I shook my head.

"Not at all."

"I knew I chose right. To not even care about betraying friends..."

"Yes... I'm glad you did."

I looked up at him and spoke again.

"Mephisto."