Chapter Three || LSOA

Through the whole plane journey, I had been sleeping. It was understandable, I had only got to sleep four hours before Viktor woke me up. We were now in London, me tagging along after Viktor and his friend, Zane. After giving him the address, he knew exactly where to go. He had lived in London when he was little, and grown up here, studying Russian from a young age. He moved to Russia in the end, and ended up going to the same school as Viktor.

We stopped in front of a massive plot of land; most likely LSOA. The was a big courtyard with students walking around, just hanging out, a few people sat alone reading or, what looked like work. They all looked older than me, but I presumed the rest of the first years were likely to still be on their way.

A fairly modern building, massive, stood on the other side of the courtyard. The top floor had a window wall, which overlooked the whole courtyard and probably most of the street we were on. I could only just make out the figure of a tall man looking out over the courtyard, observing his school- if he was in fact the headteacher, and if this was actually LSOA.

On the far left and right sides of the courtyard there were apartments, highrise. They looked to be built in the same style as the main building.

I was so caught up in looking up at it all that I didn't notice someone, most likely a Prefect, walking up to us.

"Excuse me, are you students here?"

I looked back down to notice someone who looked surprisingly like Light Yagami.

"U-Umm.. I am, but these two are just taking me here."

He smiled. "Okay then. You can come with me and I can take you to the headteacher-"

"It's alright Light, I knew she was here."

A mysterious person had joined our conversation. He was wearing this weird but pretty epic white top hat and a suit to match.

I looked back up at the top window. No one was stood there anymore.

Does that mean this is Mephisto?

I looked back down once more and saw Mephisto looking at me. He'd probably noticed I was trying to work out who he was.

"Hello, Y/N. I'm guessing you've probably figured this out by now, but I'm Mephisto Pheles."

I nodded. "So this is LSOA?"

He nodded too. "Yes. This is LSOA."

I was handed a piece of paper, from Mephisto. It was folded.

"That's the list off staff, I mentioned it in the email. You can have a look at it while I show you around."

"Wait, you're gonna give me a tour?"

"Yes."

"Thanks!"

I turned to Viktor and Zane, starting to speak Russian again. I had switched to speaking English when I heard that Light had been speaking it, too.

"Okay, cya! I'll miss you both."

I gave them both a hug. I liked to think I was as good a friend to Zane as Viktor was, and it was probably true. We had known each other for a long time. They hugged back and let go soon enough, smiling.

"Have fun, Y/N!"

"Dasvidaniya!"

They then went off on their own way, and I started to feel something I hadn't really felt before.

I was free, but alone.

I was happy, but homesick.

I turned back round, and, switching back to English, spoke to Mephisto once more. Light, probably having felt like he had been long forgotten, had gone off somewhere.

"Are we going, then?"

"Yes, if you're ready."

I nodded, and Mephisto smiled and started to take me round the school, me dragging my suitcase behind me. As we were walking, he passed me a few more things. I was struggling to gold them all in my hands, unlike Mephisto, who seemed to be doing fine as he passed them to me, so they all ended up in my pocket: a key, with a tag attached, a number and letter 'A' written on it. A little notepad- probably yet to be explained. A sum of money- though I couldn't really tell how much it was, because I was used to Russian currency so I didn't know what the hell these were.

Okay, okay, maybe I over exaggerated a little bit. I probably could have fit it all in my hand but I didn't want to risk dropping anything.

"I'll explain that stuff first, while I show you the main building. The key is self explanatory- the number is your apartment number, the letter your apartment building. The apartments on the left, speaking as if you had just entered the school grounds, is A, and the right is B. I give all first years a little notepad to make note of anything you might need to, but it's going to fill up before the year ends so I recommend you buy one from town at the weekend if you would like another. You'll be allowed out of school at weekends but not for the night, and only in a pair or a group, for safety reasons. That money is the English currency, pounds. There's twenty pounds there, and school will continue to give funds to you and the other first years until you are in the second year, where you will be expected to get a weekend job, or at least a few of your roommates do so your apartment has funds for you all to use. Throughout your first year you will get five pounds every week, and you can do what you wish with it. So do you understand that now?"

"Yeah... that was a lot of information."

"Yes. Well, that was only a few things you need to know."

I groaned jokingly, causing the headteacher to laugh.

"Exactly. I never knew hat I was getting in to when I started this school! I have to explain this to every new student..."

"Why don't you print off a sheet explaining it all? You could keep one and photocopy it."

"...I never actually thought of that, thanks."

"You're not being sarcastic?"

"Nope."

"Thanks, I actually feel good now."

"You're welcome. Anyway, I'll carry on with these... rules, I guess. All the classes are in the main building, and every classroom is numbered so you know where you're going. The numbers will also be on your timetable so you know what classes you're in. My office is the top floor, and there's a canteen on the ground floor somewhere, like I said on the email... I actually think that's it."

I nodded. "Okay... we actually ended up not having a tour, huh?"

"Yeah, it is pretty pointless if I've just told you where everything is."

We had stopped just inside the main building, near the doors going out to the courtyard.

"Okay then, Y/N, I hope you enjoy being here. If you have any other questions, go to a Prefect. You know how Light was wearing a gold badge? That means he's a Prefect. Anyone with a badge like that will most likely be willing to help you. You'll also need to give a Prefect a list of what subjects you would like on your timetable, with your name too. They'll take it to me and I'll sort it out for you- you know this, don't you?

I nodded, causing him to sigh.

"Alright, I'll go then. Your apartment is on the top floor of A. Have fun here!"

He then left, and I was left feeling even more alone than I had before.

My feet started leading me to the apartment building A as I was lost in my thoughts about what my roommates might be like. Absentmindedly, I rode the elevator- thank god there was one- up to the top floor and, referring to the number on my key for help, found my apartment.

I unlocked it, and gently pushed the door open.