Chapter Twelve || A Little Gift

{a/n}

by the end of this, you'll probably be thinking it's a terrible, short filler chapter.

i know.

all of these previous chapters are more of just an intro, so you, as the reader, and i, as the author, can get an idea of the characters or whatever.

the true plot starts after this chapter.

so go to your local shop, buy a few boxes of tissues and make sure you read when you're alone.

wouldn't want anyone questioning your bawling now, would we?

We had gone home to the apartment after that, to be greeted by five packages on the coffee table.

"This place keeps giving more and more surprises..." I mumbled, and took a curious step forward to pick one up and open it.

It was a laptop with a leopard print back.

I put it down and looked at the others, noticing that the packages actually had our names on.

Jeshire, Kat, Yuri, Lola.

I passed Jeshire hers and smiled.

"I'm just questioning how they got these in here. It's a little unnerving to know Mephisto could come in here at any time, if he's able to bring these in here." I said as she took it.

I turned and took mine of the table- the one I had opened- and went to sit down.

"Time to waste my life away on kissanime."

Jeshire laughed and sat beside me, both of us now opening up our laptops.

An hour or so later, everyone else was home and we had all set up- and overly personalized- our laptops. I am proud to say that my desktop background is, of course, Yuri on Ice.

And I found a new anime to consume what little of a life I had left! Magi.

Well, I didn't find it. After me talking about anime, Jeshire had suggested it for me, saying that I should watch it if I liked lighthearted but sad anime.

But anyway, our first night in the apartment after school.

Jeshire and Yurio had been okay with each other (thank god) and currently Lola was cooking in the kitchen because she was the only one who could at least make a decent meal without burning it. (We had tried to find the best cook the week before school, but it didn't go very well, especially for me.) Jeshire was drawing (centaurs, but I didn't question it), Yurio was in his room and Kat was helping out in the kitchen for Lola.

Meanwhile, I was still browsing the internet for new animes... and occasionally messaging Yuri (my childhood friend, not Yurio) on the website 'Quotev' that we had both been members of for quite some time. He missed me, and kept telling me what was happening. My brother had found himself a girlfriend, that girl that he had had the same jumper as, and had plans to move in together after I came back. Yuri himself had moved up a class in Russian, into my class.

It's not my class anymore. I typed back. I'm finishing education here, then I don't think I'll be coming back to classes there. I might even stay in England, you know that, right?

Don't say that! You wouldn't! And I've been searching up LSOA and reading all that I could find, seeing as you've gone. You only go until you're 15! You need to be in school until you're 18!

Heh. Yeah, yeah, I know that. I'm only joking.

"Tea's ready!" Kat called, and I looked up from my laptop to see five plates of food laid out on the table.

Got to go now. My roommate just finished making tea.

Okay, see ya!

I closed off the tab and joined the others at the table, just as Yurio did too.

Lola had cooked lasagna. A little bit of lasagna, some salad for each of us, and a warm drink of hot chocolate.

"Thanks for the meal, Lola." I said, and the others followed my example, but in their own way, and started to eat.

Later that night, we were all in our rooms. I was pretty sure the others were asleep, but I couldn't get to sleep.

This place was amazing. The teachers at my old school- even the good ones- would tremble at even the thought of the ones that taught here. Even some of the bad kids would follow rules here so they could attend.

What I liked most about the school was the fact that you could take two students who were completely different, and they would both be able to find a place to belong.