Chapter One || Joy

I drowsily lifted my head from my desk as my mum entered my room. She sighed as I rubbed my eyes and sleepily turned towards her.

"Morning..." I mumbled out.

"You mean afternoon, duratchka! (1) Did you stay up all night again? You have a bed you know! Maybe you should use it once in a while!"

"...I didn't stay up."

"Sure looks like it. Yuri's waiting downstairs with Yasha, so hurry up and get ready so Yasha can have his walk!"

She left the room, slamming my door shut on her way out. Sheesh. Talk about violence. Ever since I started ice skating she started losing her temper with me and my brother, Viktor. Guess she just couldn't take me rambling about skating and Russia's two top skaters, even if they didn't exist in our world.

I opened a new tab on the internet, still loaded on my computer that I had never turned off last night. Without even thinking about what I was doing, I swiftly logged into my email account.

It surprised me to see a new email. This inbox pretty much was always empty, but I still checked it every morning, I read the new email.

...

My eyes widened and lit up in happiness, my mouth hung agape. (Agh, YOI puns in the wrong fic xD).

LSOA. I had been invited to LSOA. (2)

I was just about getting ready to reply when I realized Yuri and Yasha were waiting. I sighed and stood up, changing into my Yuri Plisetsky Russia hoodie (*coughcough* Not a fangirl, totally. *coughcough*) and some black leggings. My short hair didn't need tying up, so I ran downstairs with my phone in my pocket, and shoved some random trainers on- hoping they fit in with my outfit- on my way past the shoe rack just beside the front door. I smiled sheepishly at the boy stood in the hallway with a husky sat at his feet.

He laughed when he saw what I was wearing as I retrieved my messenger bag from the coat pegs. Needless to say, it was a Yuri On Ice one. Now, dear reader, take a guess what got me into ice skating.

"Yuri merch again? Don't you get tired of wearing it?"

"No. Fuck no."

"Y/N, language! Yasha is innocent, you know!"

We both laughed. Yahsa was still sat obediently at Yuri's feet and looked up at his owner in response to hearing his name.

"Duratchka! Get gone already! I'll expect you back at three!"

I checked my phone. It was pretty much half past one already.

"Yeah, we should really get going, Yuri. I've only got an hour and a half."

He nodded, and tugged gently on Yasha's lead, which he was still holding in his hand.

"Come on, Yasha." He then looked up from the husky to me. "Do you want to walk him? It's been a long time since you came on a walk with us, so I figured you might want to."

He held the lead out to me and I looked at it with sparkling eyes. "Really?"

"Yep!"

Yasha barked happily as I took the lead in my hand, my eyes still sparkling, and we all walked out together.

About an hour and a half later I was back home. Having already said goodbye to Yuri and Yasha at the door. I was now inside and putting my shoes back on the rack. Turns out I had worn black ones- which was good. They pretty much blended with anything.

Without even stopping to tell my mum I was home, I ran upstairs and, dumping my messenger bag on my mostly unused bed, I sat at my desk and started to type out a reply to my LSOA invitation.

Dear Mr Pheles,

I am delighted to say I accept all the conditions and can in fact speak English, so I would love to apply to LSOA. I can have an estimated arrival of at least two days from now, provided I get a reply within the next 24 hours.

- Y/N L/N.

(1) Duratchka is a sort of cute way to call someone an idiot in Russian.

(2) LSOA stands for London's School Of Artistry, and is the 'anime school' I mentioned in the story desc.