Chapter Thirteen || One Hell Of A Weekend

{a/n}

so, danganronpa fans, let's see who gets this chapter's reference!

A week later, it happened. The first disappearance. And it left us with only four roommates.

The knock on my door woke me up from a light slumber I hadn't meant to have. The headphones I had been listening to music with had fallen from my head, but I was still sat up in my bed with my laptop on my lap, the internet opened up on a quotev tab with a few notifications.

"What is it..?" I asked, sleepily moving the laptop and getting up as someone- Jeshire- entered.

"It's Lola. Lola and Kat, actually, and she won't speak to me or the espresso."

I nodded, a look of worry planting itself over my calm yet sleepy one, and stepped out of my room.

Lola was sat on the armchair she had been sat on when I first met her, sobbing into her hands.

One of the chairs at the table had gone, and so had the other armchair.

"Lola?" I asked. She went quiet and looked up, wiping her eyes.

"What happened?"

"Kat just... she just... she disappeared."

I sat on the couch beside her armchair and smiled softly, to calm her. "What do you mean, sweetie? I didn't quite understand."

She took a shaky breath before repeating herself, though now more calm.

"Kat... she was sat on the other armchair. We were chatting... and then halfway through her sentence, she just stopped, gasped, widening her eyes and disappeared... along with the armchair and one of the chairs from the table..."

I smiled. "Thank you for telling me. I'm sure she'll be fine, wherever she's gone with our two chairs."

Lola gave a little laugh.

"Yeah. I hope you're right."

"James! Breakfast's ready!" Storm called out.

No response.

"James!"

No response.

"Storm, he's not in his room, I just got out of the bathroom, so he's not there either. I'm telling you, he's gone out or something."

It was quiet for a minute, as Storm realized something.

"There's only two chairs at the table. And two armchairs."

"So?"

"I know James is weird and all, but who takes chairs with them when they go out?"

"..."

"Something's going on, Matt."

"Something's going on, Jeshire."

We had gone to sit out on the empty courtyard, just me and Jeshire, to talk about the disappearance of Kat somewhere where Lola wouldn't hear and get upset.

"I know that, come on, Y/N!"

"Why did she disappear? Why did the chairs disappear? Does that mean we can assume she won't be coming back? We need to answer them three questions, hopefully before anyone else disappears, so we can know what happens to them."

"But how-"

"Y/N! Jess! You're out here early."

Ja'far walked up to us, smiling.

Jeshire looked over at me, a joking smile now on her face.

"I remembered, don't worry."

We turned back to Ja'far, seeing there was now a blonde boy stood beside him.