Free As A Butterfly

"Michaela, get the door." Rick grunted as he and Daryl carried Jesus up the infirmary steps. I rushed over to the door and began to knock. A few seconds later, the porch light turned on and Denise opened the door.

"Sorry to wake ya up." I quietly spoke.

"Who is this?" Denise asked.

"C'mon, man, he's heavy." Daryl grumbled. "Oh, that thing, uh, didn't work out." Daryl motioned towards Jesus. "It's this asshole's fault. Sorry."

"But we brought ya a Playboy." I smiled as I flashed the magazine to her.

"Lay him on the bed." Denise sighed.

"Alright, take a look at 'em." Daryl, Rick and I pushed our way into the infirmary. "He ain't stayin' though." I shut the door behind everyone and walked over to the bed where Denise was beginning to examine him.

"How bad is he?" Rick asked.

"He seems like he just knocked himself out pretty good." Denise explained. "He has a knot on the side of his head, but otherwise I think he'll be fine."

"Good, now can I string 'em from a tree and see what comes out of 'em?" I asked.

"Michaela, that's enough." Rick growled before turning to Denise. "She missed a dose."

"Goddamn it, Michaela." Denise snapped.

"Hey, don't start that with me, it was an accident. I'll pick up where I left off, tomorrow."

"Do I need to make sure you take your medicine every day?"

"I'm not a fuckin' child!"

"Ugh." Jesus groaned as he began to stir. THWACK! I instantly grabbed my gun and hit him with the handle, knocking him out once again.

"What the hell?" Rick snarled.

"Sorry, it was just an instant reaction." I assured. "I didn't mean to." When Denise finished examining Jesus' new blow to the head, Rick and Daryl lifted him off the bed and carried him down the street to our makeshift jail and locked him inside one of the cells. His hands remained bound with rope, and Daryl was forced to leave him a couple of Carol's cookies, a glass of water, and some Tylenol, courtesy of Denise. He looked like he wanted to spit in Jesus' water, hell, I wanted to sneak some pokeberries into his food, but Rick decided that he wasn't gonna leave me alone with him. Party pooper.

Rick left Jesus a note telling him that we'd check on him in the morning before we exited the cell. "It is pretty stupid of us to go out there, isn't it?" Rick asked.

"Yep." Daryl answered. "Do it again tomorrow?"

"Yep."

"I'm game." I smiled.

"I think it'll be best if ya stay here." Daryl sighed.

"Seriously? After everythin' I did today? I held my own and kept his ass distracted long enough to give ya time to catch up."

"Which wouldn't've needed to happen if ya weren't there."

"Rick." I pleaded.

"Nah, I'm on Daryl's side on this one." Rick smiled. "Ya need to take your medicine tomorrow and relax."

"Y'all suck." I sighed. "So, what are we gonna do about Jesus?"

"I think it'd be best if someone watches 'em overnight."

"I vol-"

"Not you."

"Seriously?"