Dixon Dom (SMUT ALERT)

TWO MONTHS LATER

"This is it." Denise smiled as she stood in front of me. "Today's the day. Are you ready?"

"I've been ready for a long time." I smiled back.

"Well if you took your medicine like you were supposed to, it would've been off sooner." Denise chuckled. "Alright, close your eyes. I did as she told me and tightly closed my eyes. Denise grabbed my hand and led me across the room before stopping a few feet from where we stood. Her fingers gently trailed along my face as she carefully removed the eye patch from my face, letting out a content sigh. "Okay, open." I opened my eyes and happily looked around the room. "How's your vision?"

"Fantastic!" I beamed. "Can I see?" Denise smiled and stepped away, revealing a mirror that was mounted on the wall behind her. I slightly gasped as my eyes met my reflection. My fingertips traced the edge of my left eye socket. "I-" I tittered. "I almost forgot what I looked like."

"I'm glad you finally get to take it off." I didn't respond, I was too distracted by my eyes, my two brown eyes. Every day that I had to look at myself was heartbreaking, the constant reminder that I was The Governor's daughter. I hated it. Hopefully now that I don't have to wear the eye patch, along with my medicine and therapy, I'll be on the right track to getting back to the way I was. "How are you on your Trifluoperazine?"

"Good. I still get mood swings once in a while."

"Any hallucinations?" I shook my head. "That's great." Denise smiled. "I'll go get your refill and send you on your way." Denise turned and walked away to the medicine cabinet. I continued to look at myself in the mirror. "Here you go." Denise handed me another bottle of pills, which I shoved into my pocket. "I wanna see you back here next month for another evaluation, alright? Depending on how this month goes, we might stop your medication and see how your body reacts to it."

"Sweet." I smiled. "Thanks, Denise. See ya next month." Denise gently waved at me as I exited the infirmary. A lot has changed since the night the walkers got in. Denise decided she wanted to to try and run the clinic alone, but said she would send for me if she needed any help, so far, she hasn't needed me. Abraham was still head of construction and just finished repairing the wall and rebuilding the guard tower. They made the walls stronger this time around.

Eugene had been bumped up to head of technology since Ted died. He's also stepped a lot when it comes to walkers and has decided to dub the attack from the Wolves and the walker invasion The Battle of Alexandria just in case someone would decide to write it down into a new world history book. I swear, him and Milton would've gotten along great.

Michonne was still constable, but helped Rick and I run things along with Maggie keeping up with the logs. A few days after The Battle of Alexandria, Maggie informed us that she was pregnant. I guess Glenn and Aaron were the only ones who knew. Security has picked up drastically, too. Around the clock watch at the gate, in the tower, and patrols around the wall. We weren't gonna take any chances, not after losing so much.

Carl is still recovering. He's been acting as if nothing is wrong, but once in a while, I'd catch him sneaking outside the wall. Enid and I began to follow him, only to discover that he's been taking out all the walkers he can find. Once I felt comfortable with it, I left Enid to do the Carl stalking while I resumed work back in Alexandria.

Gabriel invited me over to the church a few days after reconstruction began. He was alone, but it was because he wanted to apologize for everything. For turning on us, for judging me for killing Rosemary, for being a coward. We've made up and he's stepped up on killing walkers. It still grosses him out when he's close range, but he has a hell of a shot for a priest.