Itch

~BEGIN DREAM~

     I opened my eyes to the sight of a water stained ceiling. The room I was in smelled like mold, beer, and piss. I've been here before. I quickly sat up and looked around, gasping in shock. I was back at Paw's trailer. "Daryl?" I quietly called out. "Rick?" No one answered. SNORT! I instantly jumped at the sound of a loud snore off in the distance. I crept out of bed and quietly opened my bedroom door, peering out the crack towards Paw's old room, the door was cracked.

     "Paw?" I called out, but I got no response other than another snore. I tiptoed towards Paw's room. "Paw, you in there?" I gently pushed the door open and gasped. A younger version of myself stood beside Paw with his knife clutched in my hands, hovering above my head.

     "Do it." I quickly turned my head to see The Governor standing at the foot of the bed. Within an instant, the knife slammed down into Paw's stomach. SHUKK!

     "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Paw let out an ear piercing scream.

     "That's it, kill 'em, Michaela. Kill or ya die." I watched in horror as my seventeen year old self repeatedly stabbed Paw over and over again before finally stabbing him in the skull, his body instantly went limp. "Good job, darlin'." The Governor said as he turned and looked at me. "Just like your father."

     "No." I whimpered as I slowly backed out of the room, looking away in disgust.

     "Look at me." I looked up at where he was standing, but the room was empty, not even Paw's bloodied corpse laid on the bed. "LOOK AT ME!" I instantly jumped as The Governor shouted from right beside me. I turned, only to see an old mirror. My bottom lip quivered, my hands shook as I reached for my face.

     "Oh, God." I couldn't stop looking at myself as my fingers gently traced over a black eye patch that draped over my eye. "No."

     "Just like your father."

     "NO!" I screamed as I yanked the eye patch off, before running towards the front door.

     "Ya can't avoid it, Michaela! You're exactly like me! You're the spittin' image of me!" I bolted out to the front yard, collapsing to the ground as a searing pain radiated through my ankle. I looked down in horror to see my ankle had been caught in a bear trap.

     "Fuck!" I whimpered as I struggled to free myself. Even though I knew it was impossible, I had to try. I grunted as I tried to force the springs down to open the trap's jaws, but it didn't budge. "GODDAMN IT!"

     "Just save yourself the pain and admit it." The Governor smiled as he sauntered out into the front yard.

     "I ain't admittin' nothin', ya sack of shit!" I snapped. The Governor crouched down and grasped my jaw tight in his hand.

     "Keep pokin' the bear, and you're bound to get mauled. Remember that." I jerked my jaw out of his hand as he rose to his feet. "No one can save ya now. You're too far gone. I'm in your head, and I'm not goin' anywhere." I looked down at my ankle and began to cry. "It's okay, darlin', I'm here to help ya. I'm here to make ya into the woman ya oughta be. Strong, fearless, willin' to kill whoever stands in your way. Just like your father."

     "I ain't you." I spat. "I am Michaela Horvath-Dixon, I will never be anythin' like you."

~END DREAM~

     I opened my eyes and sighed with disappointment, Daryl's side of the bed had remained untouched. A part of me wished that he and Aaron would've returned in the middle of the night, but like Eric said, they must've found someone. I rolled out of bed and entered the bathroom, doing my daily routine of taking a shower, putting a new vagina plug up my hoo-ha, brushing my hair and teeth, and finally getting dressed into a new set of clothes. I reached for my scrubs at first before mentally reminding myself that I no longer worked at the infirmary. I liked my job, so whatever job Deanna puts me on next is going to fucking suck.