Chapter 3

Hey guys! i hope you're liking it so far :) the chapters arent  very long which makes me sad :( but hopefully they will get longer as we get further in :) Please Comment <3 love yous xx

Chapter 3

The sudden weight over my entire body snapped me out of my solely Louis focused thoughts. Straining my head to figure out what it was exactly that was squishing me, I realized it was Zayn ‘Zayn! You’re back! Now get off me you twat!’ chuckling to himself, he rolled of me and feel straight onto the floor.

I began to laugh hysterically, rolling from side to side on my bed, and, I too, fell off the bed and landed on Zayn. The look of surprise and pain that flashed across his face when I landed on him, knocking the breath out of him, was enough to cause me to fall into another fit of hysterical laughter.

Once I had quietened down, we both moved up so we were sitting on my bed, facing one another. ‘So how’s life at the moment Har? Find a new someone? it'd be nice to see you get out every once in a qwhile, rather than just moping about our room...’ he asked, waggling his eyebrows at me. Chuckling, I simply responded ‘Lifes good, especially now that I’ve seen your beautiful face for the first time in about a week’ I paused to lightly punch him in the arm.

‘Where have you been anyway?’ I just realized I had no idea where he had been for the last week. ‘Nuh-uhh-uhhhhhhh. You, sir, are avoiding my  second question’ I hesitated for a moment, should I tell him? He was a really close friend, maybe even a best friend, but he was a second year. He’s probably had classes with Lou before.

Zayn, picking up on my hesitation, immediately assumed that I had met someone but didn’t want to tell him. Which was right, but he misinterpreted it as distrust in him, rather than myself. ‘Oh, you don’t want to tell me, that’s ok.’ The hurt in his voice was unmissable. I didn’t want to hurt him. ‘No, I do want to tell you, its just, they’re a second year like you and I don't think they like me so please promise that you won’t talk to them. Please?’ Zayn agreed incredibly eagerly ‘Yeah, yeah, I promise mate. So what’s her name?’

I know it was a perfectly harmless question and that Zayn definitely didn’t want to hurt me, but the immediate assumption that it was a girl stung slightly. Deciding I wanted the advice and someone to talk to without the awkwardness of telling Zayn I think I liked a guy, I twisted the truth just slightly ‘uhh, Louise. Yeah, Louise but I don't really know her last name yet.’

Zayn suddenly started listening names, I’m assuming it was the last names of every Louise in the Northern Hemisphere. How was there so many Louise’s in the whole school, let alone the second year? After I shook my head at every one, he changed his tactic ‘Do you know what course she’s doing?’ I felt myself whimper slightly at every mention of the word ‘she’.

‘Musical Theatre’ I simply stated, not bothering to hide that detail. His face instantly clouded over in confusion ‘Mate, there are no Louise’s doing MT’ He then began to list everyone doing the musical theatre course ‘…Tiffany, Jake, Sabrina, Bella, Lou-’ He stopped in the middle of the name. His eyes sparkled with knowing and excitement, causing my stomach to drop to the ground.

‘You are such a little fucker Harry Styles!’ he screamed in excitement, jumping around our room. ‘You are such a bullshitter!! You don't like Louise! You like Louis!’ he continued screaming. ‘Keep your voice down you faggot’ I shushed him. ‘You are crushing on Louis Tomlinson! Oh my god! I can’t believe it!’ I had never seen a person smile so wide in my life, causing me to smile as well.

‘Do you know him?’ I asked shyly, keeping my eyes glued to the floor, taking a sip of the water bottle I always keep next to my bed. ‘Yeah we had extension English together. He’s actually very smart, and very funny. Everyone thought he was hilarious. I heard almost every single girl in class swooning over him at some point. They were all really disappointed he was gay’ I choked on my water, coughing and spluttering, doing a mini spit take wetting a patch on my bed.

‘HE’S GAY?!?’ this time it was my turn to yell, but not out of excitement like Zayn, it was out of surprise. ‘What? You didn’t know? Mate, he’s at university studying Musical Theatre, surrounded by beautiful girls, and he has chosen to spend time with you, rather than them. How much more gay can you get? Well, at least he doesn’t dress ridiculously. He’s the good gay type.’

Thinking about it, I can’t really believe I didn’t piece it all together sooner, about him being gay. Whereas, him implying that he enjoyed spending time with me, hearing it come out of his mouth, it also kind of made sense, but I couldn’t let myself believe his words. ‘I guess. I'm so stupid. How did I not see that?’ I chuckled at myself ‘but he could've just been hanging out with me cause he was trying to annoy Ms Hearne’ as I felt the words come out of my mouth, I was utterly disappointed.

I was just trying to convince Zayn, and myself, that he didn’t like me, but as I said it, I felt it was true. I mean, the possibility of accidentally running into Ms Hearne, together, at the coffee shop this afternoon, was tiny. It couldn’t have been a coincidence. Louis was just irritating her after their discussion during the lecture he walked in on earlier this afternoon.

‘Ok. What the hell does Ms Hearne have to do with this?’ Zayn looked utterly confused. ‘Louis walked into my last lecture this afternoon and I had Ms Hearne. We were staring at each other, for a long time, and Ms Hearne noticed. She talked to him outside but I could hear them and she told him not to bother with me. But he just walked away.

Then when she finished and everyone was leaving, she pulled me aside and told me she didn’t want me to get hurt so to not bother with Louis. It confused me, a lot.’ Zayn just looked at me, worry evident on his face

‘Har, Ms Hearne was a fill in teacher we had for a few weeks in extension English cause Mrs  Lee, our normal teacher, went on maternity leave for a bit. It was so obvious she favoured Louis, fancied him even. Even Louis could see it, so he just flirted with her non-stop, just pulling a laugh from the class. I’m not trying to be the bearer of bad news here, but I don't think she’s worried about you, I think she’s worried about Louis. Just watch out for her, mate. But don't let her bother you. Yesterday, I saw her flirting with Mick, a third year, outside the library so she’s probably over Louis. Don’t worry’

I just looked at him, vaguely stunned. ‘Oh, well, that makes sense, I guess. And speaking of yesterday, where have you been for the past week?’ thankfully, he took my lead and told me all about his week clubbing.

Getting drunk, sleeping on the sidewalk, walking to another club, getting drunk and starting the cycle again. We laughed through all his ridiculous stories and chatted about all the girls he fucked his way through. At first, he was a bit hesitant at talking about the girls, but I convinced him it was okay and actually found myself enjoying the sense of normalcy.

At about 1 in the morning, we both collapsed onto our beds and didn’t wake up until about 11am that morning, forcing us both to miss the first lecture of the day and arrive late for the second. The entire time we were rushing getting changed and eating breakfast, we laughed, we talked and Zayn re-promised to not talk to Louis. After our chat last night, I felt closer to him, he was more caring than I had thought, and I was glad to have him as my roommate.