Chapter 1

Hey guys! i am a massive directioner and one direction are my lifeeee. ive been reading a lot of fan fics recently so i thought i'd give it a go :) comments and feedback are welcome but please not too mean as this is my first fan fic :) love you guys xx and sorry about my complete lack of creativity and the fact that i cant really write for shit so yeah :) xx

Going the Wrong direction and ending up in the wrong room, changed two lives for good. 

Chapter 1

Harrys POV

As I sat in the front row of Ms Kearne’s first year lecture hall, I wasn’t listening, at all. My name is Harry styles and I am currently sitting at university and not giving a fuck about it. I’m being forced to be here by my parents so study business, sociology and law. But I don't want to do that shit. I want to be famous. I want to sing. I want to act. I want to love. That’s all I want. I came here hoping to find some of those things, mostly a girlfriend, but the others would be good too.

Snapping me out of my daydreams, I suddenly heard the door slam open and a very flustered person stumbled into the room. Even from where I was sat, I could see he had light brown hair, crystal blue eyes and a tan, toned body with muscles rippling form underneath his shirt.

His face was slightly I had never seen him around the dorms before, why had I never seen him? Ms Kearne turned to him ‘Mr. Tomlinson. No matter how many times you stumble in here, you will not be allowed to stay in my class.’ she said exasperatedly. ‘Sorry Sami, I mean, Ms Kearne. And please, just call me Louis’ he replied cheekily winking at the now blushing teacher.

As I laughed slightly at the teachers obvious embarrassment, Louis turned to me and when our eyes met, I swear I felt my stomach erupt into butterflies. I found myself staring deep into his eyes, and him returning my stare, but Ms Kearne interrupted our moment ‘If you would be so kind as to return to your second year studies and leave my first years alone, that would be greatly appreciated’ as she said second year, I felt my stomach drop to the ground.

Of course he was too old for me. Wait, what am I talking about? Too old for what? Louis must have seen the mixture of confusion and sadness that flashed across my face ‘But what if I like the first years?’ he retorted, not leaving eye contact with me.

I couldn’t help the blush I could feel spread to my cheeks. Ms Kearne just laughed at his seemingly serious question ‘Tomlinson, leave!’ she demanded, but in a carefree way. Louis and I hadn’t stopped staring at each other since the first moment our eyes met ‘Fine. Fine. But I could very well find my way back in here. I can see some very interesting things I could get used to seeing, oh I don't know, everyday’ he said with a cheesy wink over his shoulder directed at me as he walked out of the hall.

Ms Kearne followed him out the door and muttered something in a hushed tone at him. I watched their lips to try and read what they were saying. I vaguely heard her say ‘and don’t think I couldn’t see you staring at Mr. Styles. Dream on Tomlinson, from what I hear around campus, he has every girl in the first year wrapped around his little finger’.

The fall in Louis’ face was unmistakable. His clear blue eyes clouded over with hurt ‘I wasn’t staring at him.’ He muttered, defended himself, but Ms Kearne was having none of it ‘yes you were. And I'm pretty confident that he was staring back at you.’ As soon as these words had left her mouth, Louis stood taller, head held higher ‘What did you say his name was? Mr Styles was it?’ he quizzed her, with an excited glint in his eye, and with that, he walked away, across campus.

As Ms Kearne walked back into the hall, I looked away as if I hadn’t just heard their entire conversation. For the entire rest of the lesson, I tried to avoid making eye contact with her, and though she tried to catch my attention every time I redirected my gaze to focus on another brick or spider web in the corner, I managed to get through the entire lecture without looking at her one more time.

Even in the short time since I had started university and known Ms Hearne, I could tell she was a perceptive woman. I know that’s weird to notice but I'm an observant person, I always have been. And that was one of the main reasons I was adamant about not meeting her eyes is that Louis is the only thing I can think of at the moment, and I'm pretty sure she would see straight through that.

I just couldn’t get him out of my mind. His eyes, his laugh, the shade of pink his face was flushed when we walked into the hall, the little creases that formed under his eyes as he smiled. Even just the thought of his smile made my breath hitch in my throat.

Hang on.

What was I thinking? I wasn’t attracted to Louis, was I? No. I broke up with my girlfriend, Georgia, to come here. I was definitely not gay. But, was I bi? Possibly.

Suddenly, Ms Hearne dismissed the class and we all began to file out when she pulled me from the line of exiting students ‘Harry, don't try and deny it okay? I know you heard my conversation with Mr Tomlinson before and I could see it on your face you were thinking about it. I don't want you to get hurt so, please, just don't.’ before I could defend myself and deny my thoughts from earlier that lesson ‘ok, you may go now’ she simply waved me off with her hand.

I walked through the front door of the lecture hall, towards my dorm. Thank God that was the last lecture of the day, I don't know what would be happening inside my head if I had another hour to sit there and just wonder what the hell was wrong with me.

Despite it being only 4:30 in the afternoon, I walked straight into my room, aggressively pulled on my pyjamas and climbed into my bed. Pulling the covers over my head to try and block out the afternoon light, I tried to turn my mind off, block all thoughts of Louis.

At about 5:30, after about an hour of lying there, my body having no intentions to fall asleep, I decided this was a wasted attempt. I got re-dressed and decided to go for a walk around the campus and buy myself a coffee.

As I made my way to the little on campus café, I ordered and collected my usual Mocha Lattè and went and sat down on a bench in a small park. It really was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and it smelled of the beginning of spring. With a long sigh, I leant back on the chair and closed my eyes.