Battles of Inner Thoughts

Spells used in this chapter: 

Accio (AK-ee-oh) - This charm summons an object to the caster, potentially over a significant distance. It can be used in two ways; either by casting the charm and then naming the object desired, or by pointing your wand at the desired object during or immediately following the incantation to "pull" the target toward the caster; in either case, the caster must concentrate on the object they wish to summon towards them in order for the charm to succeed. The caster doesn't necessarily need to know the location of the target if they say the name of the object to be summoned.

Incendio (in-SEN-dee-oh) - Produces fire.

        It had been a few weeks since Hogwarts started and Phoenix was already feeling like she wanted the summer back again. Harry had become weirdly and extremely good at Potions and Phoenix didn't know what to do about it. Draco's been acting a bit weird as well. Phoenix can still see the pain and torture behind his eyes, even when he doesn't want to admit it.

        Phoenix couldn't help but feel that Professor Snape was right about Draco's allegiance to Lord Voldemort, even if she couldn't prove it. Phoenix knew she should probably cut it off now, but she needed something constant in her life. She knew that even if everything was crashing down around them and bad things were happening, Draco would still be there.

        Professor Snape kept advising Phoenix not to get herself in too deep, but she couldn't help it; she really liked Draco. But other than that, school and life was going okay. Sure there was a new Potions teacher and Snape finally got chosen to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts.

        In Phoenix' opinion, Professor Slughorn - the new Potions teacher - didn't match up or compare to Professor Snape's Potion skills. Yes, he was well-rounded in the craft, but he was a bit too perky for Phoenix' liking. Maybe her inner Slytherin was just showing itself, but there was something definitely put in that professor's tea.

        In Defense Against the Dark Arts, they had to do a presentation on something within the Dark Arts. Phoenix did her project on Werewolves and how they have to shift and deal with the known fact that people don't trust them in that form, even though they're really good people. With having Remus as a valuable resource for her information, she received a high grade for her presentation.

        Unfortunately, Alyssa was also in Phoenix' Defense Against the Dark Arts class. The first day they walked into class, Phoenix saw her and immediately had to hide a growl. That didn't work out much because Professor Snape heard it. When he looked to where Phoenix was glaring and saw Alyssa, he immediately gave the young Ravenclaw the cold shoulder.

        When confronted about it by Phoenix, he simply said, "I don't like Ravenclaw students. Especially not ones that have given the best person in the world a hard time." Phoenix smiled as Snape winked at her, the tips of his lips straining to hold back a smile before continuing to say, "I don't let anyone mess with my family."

        Ever since then, Phoenix and Snape have made the perfect pair for mocking the Ravenclaw witch. Probably not the best thing, but they found it amusing. Alyssa's presentation was on dragons. At first, Phoenix was thinking that she was going to do semi-well given that she is a Ravenclaw. But after the second sentence, Phoenix felt as though all hope was lost.

        Alyssa cleared her throat and started her presentation. "Good afternoon. My presentation is on the dragon and how they pertain to the Dark Arts." Phoenix rolled her eyes and leaned against the back of her seat. "I'll start off with dragon mating habits because that contributes to their role in the Dark Arts," Phoenix shared a glance with Professor Snape that clearly read, 'End my suffering, please. End it now.'