Chapter 22

Sanyukta's pov
I was surprised when Anirudh uncle said that he had two announcements to make because all I knew about was the engagement where did this second announcement come from. When I looked around not only me but everybody had the same look on there face because nobody knew about this second announcement other than my father and anriudh uncle. Then Anirudh uncle said " the first announcement I will make right now but the second announcement will be made by Arjun after sometime . So as you all know me and Arjun have best friends and business partners for many years but now there is a new relation which is going to form between us and that is of in laws as my son Randhir is marrying Arjun's daughter Vanya. " And as soon as he finished everybody started clapping and then he guestered Randhir and Vanya to come in centre and then he continued" so I would like to invite all of you present here to come for this lovely couples engagement after two days" and with that put Randhir's hand in vanya's hand and everybody started to clap.Then everybody started to come and congratulate them.
After sometime vidhushi came to me asked " sanyukta what is this second announcement I mean we all knew about the engagement but the other one". I turned to her and said " even I don't know I mean baba never said anything else other than the engagement ." She was about to reply when the music started to play and some of the couples went to centre and started dancing. I saw that Vanya and randhir were also dancing and it brought a smile on my face as they looked so good together. Then I heard a few ladies speaking " look how good Vanya and randhir look they are so made for eachother . But sad is what happened with sanyukta I mean her younger sister is getting married and her marriage talks haven't been started yet." Then the other lady says " why are u surprised this is what happenes when girls work to much and forget that they have to get married to someone too and who would marry a girl who earns more than him. Also she is a girl who will keep her work above everything so she can never be a good wife and daughter in law so why would anybody marry her and so if Vanya would have waited for her sister to get married than propabably she and randhir would have never even gotten married " . I was upset by hearing their words but not wanting to create a scene I started to leave when someone held my hand and stopped me I looked to see who it was and I saw my baba with a very angry expression on his face and I knew he had heard everything . Then he said to those ladies " how dare you say something like this about my daughter " now everyone in the party was looking at us and then he continued "you said that who would want to make my sanyukta the daughter in law of their house as she keeps her work above everything . You don't know how wrong you are my sanyukta knows how to value relationship better than anyone here and who ever marries her will be very lucky because she is one in a million. And also i agreed to vanyas marriage with randhir because I know he will keep Vanya the way I have just like a princess but the man who marries sanyukta will not have to take care of her like a princess but will have respect her and her desicions. To Randhir I am giving my princess but to the man who marries sanyukta will get Arjun Raichand's strength and pride because sanyukta is my strength and pride and I can't just give away something so valuable to any one, that person should be deserving enough to take care of my sanyukta and until now I have just met one man who desrved this all and the day I find someone else will be the day my sanyukta's marriage gets fixed." With that he left from there in anger with mom following behind him. I just stood there thinking about what baba said.
Sometime passed by and the dinner was served and than my baba came in centre and said" a lot of things happened in today's party but forgetting that I want to make the second announcement that anriudh said about so as you all know 30 years back me and Anirudh started this company and now we have grown tired and want to rest so it's time that some new people with new ideas take over this company so I want to introduce to you all the new owners of this company Randhir and sanyukta ." As soon as he said I did not first believe it I mean me and randhir are finally getting what we worked so hard for , everyone was clapping for us and we both were in some kind of shock . Then Anirudh uncle took both of us to the centre there he and baba signed some papers and gave them to us we both just stood there looking at the papers in their hands not knowing what to do then Anirudh uncle said " arey isn't this what you both always wanted and now when we are giving you the company papers you both are just standing there like statues" and then Randhir looked and at me and we both took the papers together and again everybody clapped. And then Anirudh uncle said loudly " also vidhushi and Parth you both have worked very have for this company so from now on you will be the co vice Presidents of this company." And I looked at Vidhushi and smiled as she was also surprised with this announcement . And then both Parth and vidhushi came and stood beside us and then my father said looking at the press and everyone " presenting the new generation that will lead this company to new heights"
Thanks for all your love and support . Plzz vote and comment and sorry for the late update