Chapter 25

Randhir's pov
From the morning everone was behaving like they have gone crazy and my  mom she was behaving like it was not my engagement but  my actual wedding day I mean she was just running around the house to do all preparations , there were so many people to do those things but no she wanted to do everything herself what I was thinking if today she is like this then what what will happen on the actual wedding day .
I could hear all her shouting till my room for a minute I thought that something big had happened but then I realised that she was just shouting at decorator about some decorations. I went down to have my breakfast and as soon as I sat on the table kaustuki came and said " why are you dressed up like you are going to office?"I just replied while taking my breakfast " because I am " she just looked at me like I am an alien " have you lost your mind bhai how can you even think of going to office today ,today is your engagement bhai ,mom will kill you if she got to know that you plan on going to office". That is what I was worried and that's why I was planning to get out of the home without her noticing but In all of this question and answer round with kaustuki mom noticed me . She came to and said " where do you think you are going randhir ". I replied "Mom I am going to office". My mom just stared at me and said "have you lost your mind today is your engagement you aren't going anywhere do you get that ". I just kept on eating my food and this made my mom a bit more angry and she said"randhir I am telling you if you step out of this house I will" and before she could complete my dad came and said" don't worry he is not going to office today" and sat on the table . Now my mom was a bit relaxed as she knew that if dad's said he won't let me go than I won't be able to no matter what. I just looked at him and said " dad there are alot of meetings lined up for today I am the owner now I need to go dad".
My dad picked up the newspaper and started reading it and said" randhir I understand what you are saying but  you don't have to worry as sanyukta is there to handle it,  she has gone to office so you should stay at home today son". As soon as he finished my mom said " what sanyukta has gone to office but why I mean today is her sister's engagement there was no need to go " my dad replied by saying"
One of them has to be there." And then my mom said " but I mean just today if they wouldn't have gone then also a lot of people would have been there to handle the office I mean they could have taken a day off  like a other people of this company ". Then my dad for the first time looking up from the newspaper during the conversation said that" they are not the vice presidents or not at junior post anymore they are MD of this company. Others can take a day off but not them because they have the responsibility of the whole and if they start taking day off's then what example will they be setting for others who work under them and that is what me and Arjun have done our whole life , and I am very proud that they both are also working so well together. "With that he left.
Soon it was around 5:00 in the evening and I was working on my laptop when my sister barged into my room and closed my laptop and said "it's time almost  time for the engagement bhai get ready in this outfit fast and these are mom's order's."and then she left the oufit on the the bed and left with  a smirk on her face but I couldn't understand why was she smirking until I looked at the outfit.

"and then she left the oufit on the the bed and left with  a smirk on her face but I couldn't understand why was she smirking until I looked at the outfit

And then I understood why was she laughing because I hated wearing Indian outfits.But as if I had a choice because my mom chose it and no matter what I can't argue with my mom on this and win.
I just got ready and went down after sometime and saw kaustuki standing in the centre of the hall doing something on her phone and I have to say thaty sister looked very pretty today .

(Kaustuki's dress)
Then soon my mom and dad came and my mom looked at both me and kaustuki and said" you both look so good today . Now we should leave because it is getting late."
As soon as we reached there I saw that  vanya's family was already there even parth's family was there and then I saw Vanya and I just couldn't take my eyes of her and at that moment I felt so lucky that I get to spend the rest of my life with her.

What I didn't know at that time was that my luck will run out very soon.
Thank you guys for liking this story so much and if you like this chapter please vote and comment 😀