Chapter 26

Randhir's pov
I just kept on looking at Vanya like she was the only one in that room. And then after a few minutes I saw someone giggling beside me and when I turned I saw my sister was laughing looking at me and then she stopped for a minute and said "bhai you remember you said that you will never have that ' stupid madly in love with the girl look' on you face, you should just see your face once now ".
I just ignored what she said and left from there . I went and greeted vanya's parents and she also did the same with my parents . And then her Bua came and said " lets start the engagement , see how restless Randhir is getting , Randhir your condition is like this on the engagement then what will happen on the marriage ". And everybody started laughing . Then my mom said " we should start but where is the bride's sister? We can't start without her". To it vanya's mom replied " sanyu will be a bit late as soon as she comes we should start. Vidhushi beta call sanyukta and ask how much more time till she reaches here ".
After sometime vidhushi came and said " badi ma she is stuck in traffic, she has said that we should start it won't be nice to keep all the guests waiting".
Hearing this Vanya and her mom became upset and then Arjun uncle said" fine we will should start and" before he could continue sanyukta's mom said " but shouldn't we wait I mean it vanya's engagement and her sister should be there with her". Then Arjun uncle said" I agree but how long will we keep the guest waiting ,we should start the engagement ."
After that Arjun uncle made the announcement for the engagement and everybody gathered with me and Vanya in the centre . Then my mom gave me the ring and that's when the lights went out. Everybody just started panicking . Then my dad told to not to panicking and the light will come in a minute. I just asked Vanya is she the one standing beside me and she said" yes", so I just took her hand and put the ring on her hand and at exact moment the lights came back and that when I noticed the person infront of me was sanyukta and she was looking very stunning in her dress.

 I just asked Vanya is she the one standing beside me and she said" yes", so I just took her hand and put the ring on her hand and at exact moment the lights came back and that when I noticed the person infront of me was sanyukta and she was looki...

( Sanyukta's dress)
Then I noticed that by mistake I had put the ring on her finger. It wasn't just noticed by me but also by everyone else. And we were all in shock when vanya's Bua to vanya's dadi said "oh my god ma look what happened the ring which randhir brought for Vanya is now on sanyukta's hand , isn't this bad luck for this relationship ?". Vanya's dadi just came to sanyukta and said " can you ever be of any use, I mean today is sister's engagement firstly you were late to it and now you are standing here wearing her engagement ring you are so useless " before she could continue dad intrupted her and said " ma it's fine it was just a mistake , sanyukta beta give the ring back to randhir and randhir let's do the ceremony" . As he finished mom said " but the ring was supposed to be only worn by Vanya it was supposed to be a symbol of the relation between Vanya and randhir and now somebody else has already worn it before Vanya isn't the whole meaning of this gone". Then Arjun uncle said " no nothing has gone wrong what matters is the love between Randhir and Vanya " and then he turned to sanyukta and said " sanyukta give the ring back to randhir" . As he finished sanyukta took off the ring from her finger and gave it to me and said " Vanya and randhir I am really sorry ,but trust me I didn't know something like this will happen" . Then Vanya said "di it's fine ,it's just a ring and it is just a symbol of our marriage not our love. Don't worry, now randhir how long do I wait for you to make me wear that ring ". With that I put the ring ring on vanya's finger and completed the ritual.