Chapter One: Black Veins

Start from the beginning

"If you'll come home late by five pm, I'm gonna make your room a mess." She threatened Raiden and gave him a last glare before heading to her room.

Sinundan ng mga mata ni Raiden ang pag-lakad ng kaniyang kapatid hanggang sa mawala na ito nang tuluyan. He wanted to groan in anger and shout like a beast in front of her sister. He wanted to complain but he have no courage to do it. He is scared of what her sister can do to him, especially that she has an amazing mystique. It was telekinesis. He knew that generating force fields will not be enough to protect him from the strong power of her sister. Mas lalo na at galit ito ngayon.

He doesn't want to happen the last time they fought because his cat died by the powers of her sister.

"Pagpasensyahan mo na si Reiko ah. Ganyan naman talaga ang kapatid mo, mas lalo na kapag galit. Pero mabait naman siya sa atin. Let's just understand her."

Hindi na namalayan ni Raiden na nasa tabi na niya pala ulit ang kaniyang ina. Ito palagi ang sinasabi ni Viera sa tuwing nag-aaway ang dalawa niyang anak kaya unti-unti na ring nakakabisado ni Raiden iyon. He can't do anything but to oblige her mother and sister, since he is the youngest member of the family.

'She has a point.'

Raiden said at the back of his mind. He is aware that his sister is nice and kind especially if she's in her good mood. Tinutulungan kasi niya nito sa mga assignments niya sa klase. Sadyang, nagiging masama lang talaga ang ugali ng kapatid niya kapag galit ito.

"Maybe another love problem again?" The both of them chuckled with the theory of Raiden. Iyon na kasi ang pinaka-evident na reason kung bakit galit ang kapatid niya.

"Nag-dadalaga na eh. You'll experience that too once you become a man."

Raiden cringed. He doesn't like the words that came out from his mother's mouth. Falling in love was not still in his vocabulary. Gusto niya muna ang mag-aral nang maayos para mai-angat naman ang buhay ng kanilang pamilya. He doesn't want to live and die in dirt. He has dreams to pursue and falling in love was not in his list.

"No thanks."

Viera laughed. He can't believe that his son doesn't want to fall in love. But somehow, he was thankful of it. At least, he will study hard.

"Okay, if you say so. Paalam ka na sa tatay mo."

Raiden nodded. Ngumiti ulit ang kaniyang ina bago ito naglakad sa mesa nila at pinagpatuloy ang pag-tutupi ng kanilang mga damit.

Naka-ugalian na nila ang magpa-alam sa kanilang ama bago umalis ng bahay. Their father is a disabled man, he can't walk anymore. That's why he is stuck in an old rocking chair. He is also starting to get deaf since he turned sixty four. It was a bad notion for them, dahil nagiging dahilan iyon para tumigil na lang ang oras bigla. His father is doing it unconsciously kaya hindi niya alam na ginagawa na niya iyon. He freezes time, and that is his mystique.

"Bye father. I'll just visit my friend in the kingdom. I'll be back before five." Sambit niya at nag-mano sa tatay niya. But he didn't receive any answers from him. He just smiled bitterly and took another glance at his father before heading outside.

As he go out of their house, the warm wind already welcomed his presence making his long flowy blonde hair to fly behind his ears. The wind was kissing him against his soft cheeks, making him smile from ear to ear.

"Good afternoon Bahazar Kingdom."

He whispered and spread his arms out and started to run. Their neighbors started to greet him by his name and he was just showing his goofy smile. He doesn't want to waste his saliva by greeting them back, because he's saving his energy for his best friend. He knows that they are going to play again with a friendly duel.