I glanced over and found Aiden, actually looking genuinely pleased, hugging Emma and whispering something in her ear. She recoiled back, her mouth agape. "You knew?"

Daniel laughed and answered: "We all knew!"

"Wait, knew what?" Barbara frowned and looked up.

"Well - well the boys knew about what Carlos was going to do." Diego admitted sheepishly.

"What? You knew Carlos was going to propose?" I interrupted, my eyes widening. "Is that why you were acting like total wusses that day?" I recalled, remembering the way Carlos had looked like he wanted to puke up and the boys had rushed off with him somewhere.

"Hey! We were not acting like... wusses!" Daniel retorted. "Whatever that word means," he muttered to himself. I pulled a face at him and rolled my eyes at the so called intimidating look he was now giving me in a bid to make me apologise.

Carlos pouted at Emma's expression and kissed her fully to all of our dismays. Instantly, Diego leaped over to me and covered my hands with both hands. "Hey! We have a minor amongst us!"

"I am not a child!"

"So you're not pissed that we knew?" Aiden asked, ignoring our bickering, his brow creasing. It looked absolutely adorable.

"No." Emma laughed, shaking her head. "I'm just happy. Totally happy." Carlos had stepped behind her now and she leaned against him, his arms wrapping around her. He smiled down at her and pecked her on the lips carefully again, this time with less haste because of Diego's stupid warning.

"Ew. Keep it PG14 – April's in our presence." Beau said, ruffling my hair. I glared at the not funny joke and shoved him in the ribs. Idiot.

"Damn guys. There's no going back now. You're stuck together for life." Daniel tutted, grinning as he brought a beer to his lips.

"We were stuck together for life when we became mates." Carlos replied, not breaking his gaze from Emma.

I felt myself half smile, half cringe at the words. I was never one for words of love or commitment – I rolled solo. And occasionally let Aiden tag along of course now that we were mates.

"When's the wedding?"

Emma and Carlos cleared their throat in unison. "A week." Instantaneously, a ripple of shock passed over us. "I know, I know. It's fast. But it's what we want. Friends and close family only. No-one else. We've waited so long for this – I don't even want a big affair, just her. It'll probably be on the beach, where we met."

"What about a dress? You need a dress! Versace can't make you one in a week, Emma! Oh geez, I feel my blood pressure rising like a bitch." Nina clutched her forehead dramatically.

I laughed awkwardly. "Why Versace?"

Nina stared at me. "April. What kind of a question is that? It has to be Versace!"

"It's a girl's best friend," Donna agreed, nodding her head at a thoughtful Barbara and Nina, now peering at one another curiously as though mentally arranging it in their heads.

"Guys, we'll work it out. Remember, we want it small." Emma shot Nina and Barbara a look here. "April, I'm relying on you to be the antagonist in this – shoot down any unrealistic ideas, okay?" I grinned - it would be a dream to be able to boss Nina and Barbara around.

"So it's on the beach?" Aiden asked, his voice not giving away any hints of excitment. I shot him a glare to mentally tell him to perk up and smile a bit. Honestly, I don't think weddings were really his thing either – or happy things in general... I wasn't sure.