Bryce Hall // I Can't Fall in Love Without You

Începe de la început

I can't fall in love without you

"Don't be a klutz, y/n," He jokes quietly. She rolls her eyes while taking the box down from the pile.

"Shush," She opens the box quickly and begins pulling out the items: plates, pots, pans, and silverware.

They unpack together accompanied by friendly banter. At the end of the day, she stands up and looks around.

"I can't believe this is home now," She wipes a hand over her sweaty forward.

"Hey," Bryce whispers into her ear as he wraps two arms around her waist, "I'm so proud of you."

"I love you," She replies before kissing him gently on the lips, and he kisses back.

"I love you, and I always will. I promise."

I can't fall in love without you
Please don't fall in love without me

He took away a part of her; she realizes: He took her innocence. He will forever be her first kiss, her first boyfriend, and her first love. He will forever be the first boy who noticed her.

With that, he took a piece of her heart. He took the piece that trusted people and had hope in people. She knew she could never jump into a relationship with as much trust as she had with him. She knew she would always remember the scars he left. She would remember every moment of pain he put her through. She would remember these for the rest of her life.

I hope you're sorry
Can't find the words to say

He stirs, rolling over. The ground is hard and cold beneath him, and when he finally pries his eyes open, a singly ray of sunlight shines into the house. Light glistens off brown, broken glass on the wooden floor. His fridge door is open.

He stares numbly at the glass in front of him, his face pressed against the ground.

Then, he remembers.

He remembers that she is gone, and this time, she is gone for good.

Hope you're always worried
Worryin' 'bout me

He doesn't stop thinking about her for days. He wonders if she's okay. He contemplates going to her apartment and apologizing a thousand times, but something stops him: He remembers he doesn't deserve her.

Don't you think I give a fuck?
Give a fuck 'bout who you fuck?
But I hope you can't get it up

He walks away from y/n, leaving her to order. He doesn't stop himself from hurting her. Instead, he walks over to the group of girls, too infatuated in their bodies.

He charms them, just like he has before. He exchanges numbers with every girl. They giggle at him and compliment him.

When he returns to y/n, he acts like everything is normal, and she plays along.

Maybe she didn't notice, he thinks to himself, She's never cared. No harm done.

When he meets up with one of the girls, he forgets about y/n. She asks him if he has a girlfriend, and he shakes his head.