11

It's been a week since that dream, Camila hasn't been at school.

But I smell her at my front door and I know she's here for me. To claim me. She had the same dream as me. She just needed to prepare.

I walk down the stairs, taking a backpack for the night, we won't be back until tomorrow. I walk across the wood floor of the living room, heading straight for the front door. I drop the note for Grey on the end table he usually sits next to.

I wait for the knock, she has to start this night. It's ritual.

I hear her at the door, but stay still. She is nervous, I smell it on her. I giggle when she hesitates, she hears it. I hear her huff in mock annoyance and finally knock.

I open the door and find her trying to hide her smile. She's so beautiful. Her eyes are smiling despite her efforts to appear dominant. We have become puppies in each other's presence.

And I love it. I know Camila does too, it's written all over her face.

She asks the question I've been waiting for, "Won't you walk with me? Run with me? Love with me?" She holds out her hand, bowing her head slightly. Her eyes are still smiling, never leaving mine.

I take it and give her the reply she's been waiting for, "I will, but you must do the same."

She smiles and we walk in silence, as the ritual requires, silent as the night.

When we reach the forest, we sit and begin the part that is specifically for alpha pairs. She begins the discussion, she is anxious to be with me, she is more than ready to take me.

"Will you, Lauren Jauregui, relinquish your title as Alpha to me, and become my Luna? So that our powers may never clash?" She seems scared that I will decline, but I was preparing while she was away too.

In the week without her, I told my pack that Camila would be the new Alpha, because I believed her my better.

And besides, I would do anything for her

So I was more than ready with my answer for her "Yes, I relinquish my title to you. And I accept you as my Alpha and as my mate."

Her eyes sparkled with the emotions that I was feeling at the same time.

Now we could begin.