6

Grey had always told me that an alpha could smell his/her mate from three miles away, after they imprinted upon their mates. Imprinting for a normal wolf is simply seeing their eyes, imprinting for an alpha is looking into their eyes and touching them.

When I learned this I made it a habit of shaking people's hands and looking into their eyes when I met them. Older people loved it and thought I had incredible manners. Younger people thought it strange, and took to calling me Oak. I was completely fine with that nick-name, oaks are strong.

So when I stuck out my hand and looked that girl in the eye it wasn't any different than what I always did, until it actually happened.

"Lauren Jauregui." She smiled and took my hand giving it slight shake and meeting my eyes for a brief second.

But that second was all I needed.

Heat flooded my body, electricity erupted from the connection between our hands, my heart began to beat out of my chest, and my face was permanently split from the smile on my face.

She spoke with velvet voice "Camila Cabello."

Camila. Her eyes were brown. Her hair was brown. Her skin was a tan brown. The vivid memory of the color brown made sense now. She was my brown.

She was my mate. I fell in love with her on the spot.

But so did my body, which was very slowly shifting with the need to have her. So I did the only thing I could think of.

I ran.