2

My mouth becomes dry as I look upon the beautiful yet simple design of a crooked arrow. I'm a werewolf, and I'm an alpha. And I'm a werewolf.

"Are there any other wolves in this area? What does a crooked arrow mean? How did that get there? What happened when I woke up?"

He smiled "Well there are plenty of normal wolves, yes. But not many werewolves, you are the first alpha to ever really be here. And the crooked arrow has many meanings, the one you connect it with is the only one you need to worry about though. And the tattoo is the mark of your pack, all alphas and their pack have the same tattoo, for instance," he showed me his forearm, that bore the same tattoo as mine except a little less complicated. "I got this when you changed."

Then he frowned at me, eyebrows scrunching together "What do you mean what happened to you when you woke up?"

"Brown, all I could think of was brown." I panicked slightly, thinking it was a bad sign "Is that bad? Am I going to die? Is the cold-one gong to come back?"

He laughed, a loud merry laugh that would be contagious if I wasn't panicking at the moment. "No no no, that's a good sign. That is a clue to you finding your mate, usually it comes later. After your first full moon and transformation actually, but you seem to be breaking all the rules today."

Grey stood up smoothly, brushing himself off and pocketing his knife. Still holding the carving in his hand, he walking around the room gathering stuff into random bags and setting them on my bed.

He spoke as I watched him curiously, "You might want to help me gather anything useful Crook, we will be leaving soon." He turned to look at me "We don't want the cold-one coming  back."

I nodded and gathered everything that my family and I owned.

After about two hours, Grey and I had everything we needed packed up and loaded into my old Jeep Cherokee.

Grey jumped into the drivers seat and we took off.

"Grey?" I asked him hesitantly

"Yes?" He didn't look up from the road

"Where are we going?"

He smiled, glancing at me before turning back to the road. "I have a big cabin in the woods on reserve, it'll be perfect for training you and housing your future pack and/or family. The tribe knows about all of the werewolf business as well so if your safe anywhere, it's with them. Hell you may be able to coral all the rogues in the area as well."

I nodded, smiling slightly. I had always wanted to live in a cabin, with a big family and a full house.

"Did you know this was going to happen?"

Grey frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. "I had an idea that I was your omega, and I sure as hell knew I would be housing a huge pack one day. But I didn't know it would happen like this. If I did I would have been there sooner, gotten you and your family out of there."

I nodded, understanding enough. I had a new life ahead of me.