Chapter 44

With my feelings on fire
Guess I'm a bad liar

I see how your attention builds
It's like looking in a mirror
Your touch like a happy pill
But still all we do is fear

Bad Liar - Selena Gomez

~•~

Georgina woke cocooned in the warm blankets of a soft bed. She shook herself from her daze and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, her mind reeling on the memories of the night before. She cursed then pressed her hand to her mouth suddenly, expecting Negan to be asleep beside her. However, her bed was empty, with no evidence he was anywhere near her. She found it quite endearing that he didn't expect anything more of her.

Georgina had kissed him. She had kissed Negan. The man she loathed for so long, who she blamed for taking the happiness from her life, and who now threatened to take the lives of all of her friends.

Negan was her enemy, and Georgina had climbed into the bed of her enemy.

"This was the plan.." She whispered to herself, "I was supposed to.. seduce him. Take him down.. That was the plan."

But somehow, she felt like she had fallen too deep. She chose to kiss him, and she liked it.

Georgina cursed to herself once more and climbed out of the bed. She was thankfully, still dressed in yesterdays clothes. She padded to the mirror and threw her hair up into a bun before putting her face in her hands and cursing inwardly.

What have I done?

Sucking in a deep breath, Georgina exited the bedroom. She followed the short hall until she came to the kitchen where Negan sat. He looked up and smiled at her when she entered. Georgina returned an awkward smile.

"Morning sunshine," He chuckled, tossing a piece of meat into his mouth, "How's the head?"

"Fine actually," Georgina replied nonchalantly. She finally looked at him properly, memories of her fingers running down his toned stomach flashed into her mind and she squeezed her eyes shut, willing the images to leave, "On second thought, maybe not so good."

Negan laughed aloud and thumped the chair beside him, inviting her to take a seat. Georgina smiled once more and lowered herself into the wooden dining chair. Negan pushed some tinfoil towards Georgina and gingerly, she helped herself into the meat that lay inside of it.

"Did you catch this today?" She asked and Negan nodded with a crooked smile.

"I couldn't sleep much last night," He said, his eyes studying her face.

"Why's that?" Georgina asked, willing herself to make idle convirsation.

"I kept thinking about something and someone," He replied, his eyes meeting hers, then moving slowly to her lips. She could feel the heat of his gaze on her lips, and the thoughts that flowed through his mind, she could see.

"Oh," She said, looking down to where her hands rested on her lap. She felt her cheeks heating and Negan chuckled.

"You said something to me last night," He said and Georgina's heart thumped in her chest, "That the Saviors killed your.. boyfriend."