Chapter 15

I torture you
Take my hand through the flames
I torture you
I'm a slave to your games
I'm just a sucker for pain
I wanna chain you up
I wanna tie you down
I'm just a sucker for pain

~•~

Georgina could hear them screaming, but she knew it was too late. The only thing she could do now to help them was make it back.

"Carl!"

Lauren's panicked wail echoed through the dark, through Georgina's bones. She knew her friend would run straight back into the arms of Death just so she could die with him.

Run. Run and don't look back.

If they all died tonight she would be the only one to warn the Survivors. She had to keep going. She couldn't deny she was scared, truthfully, she was terrified. She wanted to help, but she didn't want to die. She could see Calum's body falling to the ground, and unable to help him. She stopped dead in her tracks, her breaths coming out in panicked puffs. She turned, prepared to run back into the first line of fire.

"Don't go back there," She heard a voice. She twisted and turned, only to be met by darkness and the outline of the trees in the moonlight, "It's too late to help them now."

"Who are you?" She demanded, her hand tugging harshly on the bowstring of her weapon, "Are you one of them."

"No," His voice came after just a second of silence, "I'm just someone who got caught in the wrong place, at the wrong time."

"Are you going to kill me?" She asked, her heart thumping in her chest.

"No," He said, "I can help you get out of here. As long as you take me with you, back to your group."

"Come out then," She said, her voice calmer than before.

She heard a drop. A thud on the ground before a figure came into view. He was tall and lean. Shrouded in shadow, she could still tell he was undeniably beautiful. His hair was dark, black against the night. His face was lightly stubbled, his rugged features sharp and angular. He was dressed in black army-style trousers, a navy tee and a black bomber jacket. She was intrigued by him.

What's your story, pretty boy?

"What's your name?" She asked, her hand still tugging the bowstring for fear he would run for her.

"Matt," He replied nonchalantly, his hands held up as he tried to prove he meant her no harm. "Yours?"

"Georgina."

She studied him, planning her next move. Would she trust him not to stab her in the back? His eyes ran down her body, the beauty hidden beneath her clothes. She tensed and he smirked, a beautiful deadly smile. She could feel her long dark hair blowing in the breeze as she watched him, waiting.

"What's happening?" He asked, breaking her from her thoughts.

"We were ambushed," Georgina explained, "A failed plan in trying to take them down before they killed us. They are the Saviors. We are the Survivors. The good guys. But the good guys always die."

"And you're trying to get back to wherever you live," He said and Georgina nodded.

"I have to warn the others," She mumbelled, "Send help. Do something. But I can't leave them here to die."

"If you go back you'll die too," He replied blankly and she looked up at him through dead eyes.

"I'm already dead."