Chapter 40

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Ed Sheeran - Perfect

~•~

There was a moment of darkness when her mind awoke before her body did. She was suspended in time, willing her eyes opened. She could hear voices but she couldn't put the words together. Lauren opened her eyes, and squinted at the light that blinded her. She focused her mind on her last memory.

Where am I?

Lake. People. Running. Drugged.

Her mind finally awoke with a snap and she suddenly sat upright, ignoring the groggy feeling that had come over her. She didn't get a chance to look around before a pair of arms pushed her back down onto the bed. She thrashed and pulled back from the handsome man that pushed her backward.

"It's okay," He desperately tried to control her, "I'm not going to hurt you."

"I was drugged!" She gasped outrageously, flailing her arms towards the slightly-frightened man, "Who drugged me?"

"I- It's-" He stuttered and Lauren grunted, pushing herself off the bed and grabbing the closest thing to her. A syringe. She held it defencively infront of her as if she would be able hit the right spot that would stop his heart if necessary. He didn't question it, just backed away.

"Mikael," A female voice commanded, and Lauren noticed a presence had just entered the room, "It's okay."

Mikael relaxed but backed away from Lauren, who turned to the middle aged woman.

"Did you drug me?" She demanded an answer and the woman only turned the corner of her lip upward.

"A necessary precaution," She spoke levelly, "I wanted to know of your intentions before I brought you here."

"You drugged me!" Lauren said in disbelief, "Well did you find out enough? Do you know of my intentions. You're lucky you got her before I decided lovely Mikael was a threat. It wouldn't be a great start to a relationship if I killed your doctor."

Mikael's throat bobbed and he shifted uncomfortably. Lauren only smirked.

"Relationship?" The woman asked, a faint smile on her thin lips. She was thinnly built, pale skinned and tired looking. She held an aura of authority, and her thin face was framed by short chestnut brown hair. She had a gun on her hip, and a pair of tattered skinny jeans.

Lauren smiled, "We'll discuss it later. You have some of my.. friends."

"Ah," She smiled, "I do. They've been asking for you, or should I say.. yelling. Oh, and my name's Samara."

Samara opened the wooden door to the outside and with a cryptic tone she spoke.
"Welcome to the Island."

~•~