Chapter 33

I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me
When I needed you most

I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out
I promise till death we part
Like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you
Now everybody knows
That it's just you and me
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

Say You Wont Let Go - James Arthur

~•~
Continued..

Georgina felt the farmiliar ache of fear and dread as she felt the van pull to a halt. She wanted to swallow down her fear, but she had just realised that she'd messed up. By placing herself in that danger, she inadvertently put Matt in danger. He cared about her. She should have realised that he'd know she was at Sanctuary. It was too late now anyway, they were both heading to the same grim fate.

"What are we doing Matt?" She asked, crouched behind stacks of full boxes, "How are we going to get out without being seen?"

"I don't know," Matt dejectedly shook his head. She felt her breath quicken, and the beat of her hear drummed heavily inside her chest. She'd made a mistake. She didn't have plan, nor any means of killing Negan without being killed herself.

Calm down, Georgina. You've survived much worse.

"We're going to survive this, Matt," She said, "We're going to get out of this van. I don't know how and we are going to blend in. We are going to find out everything we can and we are going to get the fuck out of here. Together and alive."

She heard the doors of the truck open as it came skidding to a halt. She could hear the greetings of burly men and the beat of her own heart as she swallowed her fear, clutching Matt's arm as they hid behind the piles of boxes. She sucked in a breath as she felt the jolt of a man hopping into the back of the truck. She squeezed her eyes shut and held her breath, Matt's thumb gently rubbing circles on her hand.

"Not a bad haul," A deep voice called, "This from that shithole by the intersection?"

"Yeah," Another barked back, "Not bad, eh? Better get this unloaded."

She felt her chest ache with fear as the two men began unloading the boxes, each one taken was one closer to uncovering their weak hiding spot. She shook in Matt's arms, a fear of losing something she had just found. She heard faint shouting and the sounds of a bell ringing.

"Negan's back," Someone yelled, "He wants everyone inside."

The drum of footsteps gradually fell to nothing and the tension in Georgina's body lessened. She'd been given a chance to fulfill the promise she'd made to Lauren. She wanted nothing more than to see the Saviors fall, and she would do anything it takes to see them burn. She grasped Matt's hand in her own and tugged him towards the back of the truck.

"We're not going to get another chance," She whispered, "Come on."

Georgina lifted her bow and quiver and with one glance back, she landed outside on the dusty ground. She could see no people around, but the large building cast a shadow that touched her feet. She glanced at her bow and sighed.