Who are you?

Chapter

Amy

As soon as I tell Lucas I'm going to the grocery store, he instantly follows me out of the door.

  "You know you don't have to follow me everywhere." I retorted.

   "You know you didn't have to get kidnapped in the first place." He responded.

  "Solid burn" That statement earned a chuckle.

    I decided to take the long route and walk. Something about outside makes me feel insecure. I feel like whenever I go outside... my children are there too. I feel like they're waiting to be noticed and come home. My husband noticed my uneasiness and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. My birthdays tomorrow and Lucas said that he'd change me. I'll be 29.

    I enjoy the scenery as we walk to the grocery store until Lucas's hand shields the front of me and stops me from moving.

  "What? what's wrong?" I said slightly frazzled at the immediate stop.

    "Do you hear that?" He responded I quickly scanned our surroundings. We were in front of an alley. That's when I heard some rustling and a woman scream. I gasped and Lucas walked forward to investigate leaving me alone.

    I attempted to search through the dark abyss of the alley in front of me, but two hands were holding me back. I sighed assuming it was Lucas and turning expectantly. Only I didn't find a Lucas towering over me, I found  a smirking young teenage boy. There was something off about him. He seemed to have unusually sharp teeth and when I looked closer I noticed red spots around his mouth.

    Attempting to shake him free wasn't enough he was... too strong. "Hey guys I got one" the child spoke and his voice seemed almost familiar. That's when it hit me they were Vampires and I was their meal. When two other young teens showed up I was frightened.

   "LUCAS" I screamed at the top on my lung. Seconds later the boy was pulled off me and thrown near his friends. Lucas quickly stood protectively in front of me, barring his fangs and the children did the same side by side.

   "Aww the little human has a vampire guy, how cute. How long until he eats you?" I ignore the boys comment.

    "What do you want with my wife?" Lucas hissed.

   "Oh nothing, just taking her out for a snack." The same boy comments again. The other two snickered.

   That's when it hit me they seemed so familiar. They were like... triplets. Their cinnanmon brown and bloude hair, Hazel brown eyes and hesitantly familiar fetures. They reminded me of... of my missing children. "Who are you guys?" I asked on the verge of tears.

    "What's it to you lady?" said the female of the group.

    "I think I recognize you"