Happy Birthday?

Chapter

7 years later

I cried over my babies's birthday cake, they would be thirteen today. My husband patted my back as I watched the wax from the candles glide onto the cake until the candle was nothing but a stud. I did this with three cakes representing each one of my children. Afterwards Lucas threw the cakes away and together we placed three candles by the window shield. Each representing a triplets's favorite color. Grey for Sam, Black for Sony and Navy Blue for Sarah.

     As my husband lead me to bed, I tried to picture my children the last time I saw them. 7 years ago when they were 6.

Sarah

"Three more men were found dead in the forest, seems to be a animal attack. We will have more on the case later on. Coming up next: A lady who became a billionaire overnight! To you Jane-"

   I turned off the tv and chuckled to myself. If only they knew it wasn't an animal attack. I stood up licking my lips from my recent feeding, Pulling out a grey turtleneck and black pants.

   After a warm shower I pulled the clothing over my body and made my way to the kitchen. Sitting on the counter, my brothers acknowledged me.

   "Hey Sis, heard the news. You got three at one time that's a new record." Sony exclaimed high fiving me.

  I chuckled "Happy birthday to us."

I turned to Sam who was sitting in the corner. When he noticed us staring he looked at us, his eyes were glossy. "What's wrong Sam?" Sony asked nonchalantly.

  "Don't you ever think about mom and dad. Do you remember them?" He responded. Me and Sony looked at each other before fixing the gaze back on Sam.

  "Yeah but Uncle said that they left a long time ago.. they didn't want us." Sony responded coldly, I noticed a sad glint in his eyes.

     This happens every birthday. I only wish our parents did not cause that much sorrow. Standing up, I placed a hand on each of my brothers. "It's okay because we will always have each other."

Happy birthday to us...