The Werewolf in the Woods...5

Chapter 5

Loren's POV

     When we went home, a familiar  smell tickled my nose, making me sneeze. It was that same smell that I smelt 2 weeks ago, and also a long time ago. I tried to ignore the smell, and that was easy because Ady was next to me with her exquisite scent. When we entered the house, I couldn't smell it anymore, so I was grateful for that, but Cqari was sitting down with an absentminded smile on her face, staring at a blank T.V.

     "Yo," Kenny went up to her and tapped her shoulder. "You alright?"

     Cqari blinked. "What? You're back?" she said, rubbing her eyes. I know her eyes are sore from staring at a blank T.V. all day.

     "Yeah, and are you okay?" Ady asked her and sat next to her.

     "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Cqari shrugged.

     "'Cause when we came in, you had a smile on your face, and you were staring at a blank screen on the T.V."

     Her eye brows rose. "Oh!" Then she laughed. "Of course I'm okay. I'm better than okay. I was just day-dreaming."

     Ady smiled at her. "With a face like that I assume you were day-dreaming about a boy?"

     Cqari blushed. "Is it that obvious?"

     We all laughed. Cqari cleared her throat, and her voice got really serious. "Guys, what can you tell me about mates?"

     The room got so quiet you could hear everyone's heart beating.

     Mates? She wanted to know about mates? Why in the world would she want to know about mates? What made her so interested now?

     "Mates? Why?" Mel asked.

     Cqari looked down, suddenly all shy. "I was just curious."

     "I think we'll all leave that to Loren," Kenny joked. "Since he was the first to know."

     My eyes widened and then were back to normal, a sign meaning: Don't leave me hanging! Back me up!

     Kenny rolled his eyes.

     "Okay, well, where do I start?" I say, tapping my chin.

     "How do you know if you've found your mate?" Cqari asked, scooting closer to me when I sat down.

     I smiled, thinking of how I knew Ady was my mate. "When you first see that person, nothing else in the world matters but them. You'd do anything for that person. It's like there are a lot of red apples on a tree, but only one stands out and that one you just have to have. It's like when everybody else in the world is like an old picture, in black and white, and that person is the only one in color. And when you look into their eyes, you get so lost in them, you hardly even know what you're saying. It's like their eyes are pulling you in, and you get trapped into them. But you don't care."

     I was honestly looking at Ady when I said all of this.

     "Awwwww!" Cqari said. "But you just described how you found out Ady was your mate, didn't you?"

     I looked at Cqari and ruffled her hair. "Yep, I sure did!"

     Kenny and Mel rolled their eyes. I snorted at them. "Oh, please! Just because you guys felt it a different way-"

     "A very different way," they both said and laughed.

     Ady reached over and grabbed my hand. "But, really, Cqari, what made you want to know about mates?"