The Werewolf in the Woods...16

Chapter 16

Ady's POV

     Brian had decided that since we're all going to Italy, it was time for him to move. We helped him pack the pictures in boxes and took pillows and blankets and dusted them off. Apparently, we would need them because it wouldn't be easy to find the wolves in Italy.

     "You can't just go there and they'll be in the woods like 'Howdy, ya'll!'" he said.

     I swear, that man is strange!

     He had already bought a house and there were rooms for all of us, and he told us he knew exactly where the Viscosoes met up. Dominic scoffed and said, "Yeah. Me too." 

     I felt pretty bad when he told everyone the story of how Marissa went missing. I found it so cute that he would do anything to go find her. Except for the almost killing Amaris part; that was tough. 

     "How come we never heard of the wolves who turn other wolves?" Cqari asked.

     "Maybe that was something that only happened in Europe?"

     "Hell, I never knew werewolves existed," Dominic muttered. 

     "If your girlfriend is a werewolf, would you hate her?" Aaron looked at him.

     Dominic looked at him, and his eyes became soft as he thought about her. "Of course not," he said softly. "I could never hate her."

     Aaron grinned and slapped his back. "My man. That's some real love right there." Dominic seemed to grin back, happy that he got praised.

     I rolled my eyes but grinned anyways because I have to admit that that was cute. 

~~~

     We eventually reached the house that Brian bought, and we all helped rearrange his things. It was the least we could do. I'm glad we got out of the town we were in as well. It was time to move around and not mope in the city. It almost seemed like a normal life when we were all unpacking his things and setting them where he wanted. 

     Dominic was the only person who was anxious and couldn't sit still. He kept pacing back and forth in front of the window. It was making me dizzy just watching him.

     Aaron went to talk to him before I did. "What's up, man?"

     "I'm just...I'm ready to go find them." He crossed his arms. 

     Aaron nodded. "When did all of this happen?"

     Dominic ran his hand through his hair. "A year ago."

     Everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at him. He noticed and frowned. "What?"

     "This happened a year ago? And you've been looking for her ever since?"

     He closed his eyes briefly as if he was reminiscing. When he opened them back up, he sighed. "Of course. She's the love of my life. I'm not giving up."

     "Hey," I smiled softly as I looked at Dominic. "What's she like?" I figured he would like to talk about her. I was right when a grin stretched out across his face.

     "She's amazing. She's pretty short, but I like it. Her hair is brown and long, and I've always liked it long. I used to hate it when she got it cut, so she let it grow out for me. Her eyes are blue, but she said she's always hated them. Hell, I think they're gorgeous.  If anything, I hated the color of my eyes, but she said she's always liked grey eyes." He chuckled.