[Prologue]

© 2014 by Cqari2Sweet

All rights reserved

[Prologue]

Third Person POV

     He slowly, carefully, and quietly grabbed his bow from his quiver and smoothly aimed it at the rabbit drinking water. The little booger wouldn't expect a thing.

     Zoom!

     The arrow shot right through the rabbit's head. Smirking to himself, he retrieved his arrow, cleaning it in the water. He stuffed the rabbit into his bag and put his arrow back in his quiver.

     He wasn't even that hungry, and if he wanted to, he could shift into a wolf and eat the rabbit how it is, or was. He just simply tucked it away. Maybe he'll save it for later.

     Living in the woods was no game. He slept in trees, hunted all day, and even stole some supplies he would need. If he had shifted into a wolf every now and then, living in the woods would not be hard. But as in human form, he was as fast, as strong, and invincible as he was in wolf form. So it didn't really matter whether he shift or not.

     When the sun went down and moon was at its highest, he climbed up the tallest tree. Using his bag as a pillow, he looked up at the full moon, wondering why he left home. People were after him, hunting him down. He didn't do anything, well not really. It's kind of complicated at the moment. He did something, but he had a perfectly good reason to do it. Now he misses his family. His mother. And his father that he never knew but have heard about.

     Maybe he should go find another home, but that would be heart-breaking. He'll just have to go along with what he's doing right now until something else happens.

     He slowly drifted his eyes and before he knew it, he was asleep.

~~~~

     He woke with a start, almost falling out of the tree. The sun was shining straight on him, and his stomach growled. His face was burning hot from the sun, but the cool wind made it better. When he looked down, there was an animal slowly walking, taking careful steps as if the creature knew he was there. He got on his knees and hid behind the leaves, blending in. Looking down at the creature, observing it.

     It was a wolf, like him. The scent was unfamiliar, and he couldn't tell who the creature was. He only saw an all white fur with bright blue eyes. He wanted to follow the creature, instead, he stayed in the trees. He slowly tried to rest again, but when he moved, the dead rabbit fell out of his bag, landing softly onto the ground by the creature's tail.

     He gasped and hid well behind the leaves again. The creature looked up but did not notice him. Then the creature howled and dived off into the forest.

     The boy sighed and leaned his head on the tree's trunk.