The Werewolf in the Woods...17

Chapter 17

Third-Person POV

     It's been two weeks.

     Two weeks since they had gone back to the woods. Dominic has been dying to try again, but after Brian caught them coming back, he was pissed that Dominic didn't have a plan before he just up and left.

     Brad got scratched up pretty bad by one of them. He had a long scar on his face, and he was not happy about that. "They fucked up my face. This is bullshit. We're going back, and I'm killing that asshole."

       Amaris snickered. "You look more attractive with a battle scar. Ladies dig that." He wasn't surprised when something came at him.

     Kenney and Loren also had altercations with other wolves. "It wasn't something we couldn't handle."

     "Does that mean you'll take us next time?" Ady looked at them with her hands on her hips. "Seriously. We can help."

     Loren looked guilty. "Of course. Sorry..." he smiled sheepishly.

     "They ran off pretty quickly," Kenney started. 

     "I recognized one of them." Dominic frowned. "I think he was the one who bit Marissa." He cracked his knuckles. "I may just have to disobey Brian again. That fucker has to go." 

     "How long have you and Marissa been dating?"

     This is how they get his mind off of going back to the Viscosoes so soon. They start asking him about her, and he sure as hell gets all happy and talks about her. 

     Dominic ran a hand through his hair and opened his mouth to answer. Then he frowned. "Wait a minute. Are you guys asking me about Marissa just so I could get my mind off of the Viscosoes?"

     Everyone started laughing. "It was working for a while."

     "Well, of course it was. I love talking about her." He chuckled. "We've been together all through high school. So four years."

     "Well, damn."

     "Hold up. Weren't you guys in school?" Kenney looked at Ady and Loren. "Did y'all just ditch or drop out?"

     Ady and Loren looked at each other. "Even though it was our last year, we decided to get home schooled. I couldn't handle the death of my little brother, and I didn't want to be in a secluded area. Besides, every time I stepped foot in the school, I felt crowded." She held Loren's hand. "Loren only got into the school to get me." She smiled. Everyone awed. 

     "What ever happened to Paige and Chris?" Mel asked. "And Darren and R.Jay?"

     Ady gasped. "Let me tell you. Chris disappeared. I haven't heard from him in months, seriously."

     Loren snickered. "Good."

     Ady hit him on the shoulder. "Paige moved out of town with her mom right after Christmas break, unfortunately." She sighed. "Darren and R.Jay graduated early and go to Princeton. I was so happy for them! So everyone is happy and moving on with life."

     On the other hand, Aaron was fucking stuck.

     In those two weeks since he was attacked by that female, all his saw were hazel brown eyes. They might have glared at him like daggers but goddamn. That's all he could think about.

     Why the hell did his mate have to be the enemy? This better not be fate. It's bullshit, to be honest. But what the fuck? He couldn't stop thinking about her.