The Werewolf in the Woods...2

Chapter 2

Loren's POV

     As a wolf, it was easy to control myself. Especially being with Ady.  She's been shifting for a while now, and I think she's getting the hang of it.

     The sun was at it's highest and it was kind of a beautiful day. Ady and I wanted to take a run. But I really wanted to see what the hell I saw last night.

     'Ready?' I asked her.

     She nodded. "What are we doing exactly?'

     'Searching,' I say before dashing off into the woods with Ady right behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     My nose tilted into the air.

     The smell. It's so....familiar. I can't put my finger (or paw in this case) on it. I smelled this.....stench before. I almost growled at this familiar stench. I almost feel like I didn't want to smell it again. 'Ady, do you smell something familiar?'

     'Nope.' As soon as she said that, something fell from a tree. I looked at it and it was a dead bunny. An eye missing. We looked up at the tree, but we didn't see anything but leaves and branches.

     'C'mon,' I say and we just started walking side by side.

~~~~~~~~

     "Loren, what did you see last night?" Ady asked me.

     "Loren see's everything. I think he's mental," Cqari told Ady. Wow, she's always quiet half the time I forgot she even exsisted. She's usually reading on her Kindle or playing video games in her room.

     I stuck my tongue out at her and she rolled her eyes. Ady jumped onto the couch next to me.

     "I don't know," I shrugged. It was a lie, but also the truth. I know what I saw, but I'm hoping I was exaggerating.

     She frowned. "The way you acted and the way Pepsi acted, it seemed like you knew what you saw." She made me look at her. "Don't lie to me, Loren. It's okay."

     I sighed and looked away. But from the corner of my eye, she looked hurt. I put my arm around her. "I thought I saw a wolf. Please, let's not worry about it-"

     "Is that why you wanted to go searching? And Pepsi doesn't bark unless somethings up." She sat up and looked at me with a serious face. Her blue eyes stared into mine.

     "Ady, please," I took her hands. "I don't want to talk about it."

     Cqari slowly set her Kindle down, interested into what we were talking about.

     "Why not? What if there's another wolf stalking us? I don't us to have to go through that again!"

     "Ady, we are not being stalked! And no one is going to hurt this family as long as I'm living-"

     "Well, what if you died?!" she yelled. I was taken back. Cqari's eyes widened and she pretended to be reading on her Kindle again. "I just......why is it so difficult to be able to talk about me about what you saw?"

     "Just like you said, I don't want us to go through it again. If we ignore the situation, then it won't happen. Remember last time we tried to deal with it?"

     She sighed. "Yeah, but-"

     "This conversation is over." I seriously did not want to keep talking about what I saw because it brings back to memories of how I almost lost Ady and how she almost lost me. The life we have now is perfect and the memories are bringing back pain. I know Ady is thinking about Vinny right now, I can sense it. I walked out of the room and out onto the back porch where my parents were at the patio. "Hey, Loren, sweetie. What's up?" Mom asked me.

     I forced a smile onto my face. "Nothing. Just getting some fresh air, ya know?"

     My dad smiled, but my mom knew that was a lie. She smiled anyway.

     I sighed and sat down. Cqari came out and sat next to me. "You know she's crying, right?"

     My eyes widened. "What?!" I immediately stood up and was about to go back in there and apologize to her, but Cqari busted out laughing.

     "I'm kidding! I knew you weren't mad."

     I rolled my eyes and sat back down. "Of course I'm not mad, it just brings back memories I don't want to remember."

     She sighed. "You didn't have to be mean to her."

     I frowned and mumbled, "I wasn't mean."

     She snorted and stretched her legs out. "Yeah, you kind of were. I mean, I sure was surprised she said that to you but afterwards, that was kind of mean. She's your mate, Lo. You should be lucky you have her. I probably won't find one, but be lucky you and Kenny are the only siblings so far to have found a mate." She gasped and tapped at her Kindle. "It froze again. Stupid Kindle!"

     I laughed. "What is so good about that thing?"

     She gasped. "This thing?! Oh, no, you didn't!"

     I shook my head. "I don't understand you girls."

     "Yeah, well, I said the same thing before I met you," I heard Ady's voice. I turned around and looked up at her. The sun was just above her, shining down on her. She was an angel. My angel. "Cqari, can you give us a minute?" Cqari left and Ady sat down next to me.

     "I'm sorry," we both said. We looked at each other and then laughed. She linked her arm around mine and leaned her head on my shoulder. "Are you mad at me?"

     "I could never be mad at you. I actually thought you were mad at me."

     She shook her head. "Nope, just worried."

     "Look, we shouldn't be arguing over silly stuff like this. I'm sorry, again, and I don't want to argue anymore. But, that wolf thing, it brings back memories. Memories I want to erase forever."

     She knew what I was talking about. She nodded and sighed. It was quiet for a while, I guess we were just thinking. "You know, I've never been on your back porch."

     We laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~