The Werewolf in the Woods...18

Chapter 18

Third-Person POV

     Aaron was pissed.

     Two more weeks passed, and every day he made an excuse to go see if she would come back. She never did. And he knew if she did or didn't by her scent. He picked up her scent the first time they met. It was mouth watering.

     What the hell did she do? What did the Viscosoes do while they're at their little hideout? He wondered if she knew where Marissa was.

     He was currently sitting atop an old, abandoned truck, twirling his knife around his finger like she did. He should just give up. Maybe what she said about them being together was true. Was their leader keeping her from being with someone? Or was she already with someone? The thought of that made Aaron stab the hood of the truck. He groaned out loud and ran a hand through his hair.

     Fuck this. He wasn't about to keep doing this shit. Lying to his friends just to go see a girl who wouldn't-

     "Hey, you."

     His head jerked up at the sound of her voice. When he saw her, his breath caught in his throat. Jesus Christ, she was gorgeous.

     Her curly hair was pulled back into a pony tail. She wore the faintest amount of makeup, making it look natural, but she had nothing on her lips, which made Aaron stare at them for a while. She wore black leggings and hunting boots with a white tank top that outlined every curve on her body. Aaron forgot how to breathe for a moment.

     She walked towards him and put her arms on top of the hood, looking up at him. "You going to keep staring at me?" She raised an eyebrow.

     Aaron coughed a laugh. "I, uh...well, I thought you would never come."

     A grin played on her lips. "You missed me?"

     Aaron frowned a little. "Yeah, I did. I missed seeing your gorgeous face and your attitude."

     She rolled her eyes a little, but Aaron didn't miss the pink tint that appeared on her cheeks. "I didn't get your name."

     "It's Aaron." He held his hand out. She blinked, shocked. "I won't bite."

     "You sure about that, Aaron?" She smirked and took his hand. They both inhaled as the shocks ran through their arms.

     "No promises, Jasmine," he whispered. They looked into each others' eyes for a while. Aaron started to say something cheesy when she slipped her hand out of his.

     She cleared her throat and looked around. "So why are you here?"

     He rolled his eyes. "Isn't it obvious? The connection I feel towards you dragged me here."

     Jasmine looked up at him and broke out into laughter. Aaron frowned. "I mean, why did you and your other wolf buddies come here?"

     Aaron let out a nervous laugh and ran a hand through his hair. "Right. Sorry." He cleared his throat. "We're here for Marissa."

     Jasmine stopped smiling. "Marissa?"

     Aaron sucked in a breath. He spoke carefully preparing for something coming his way. "A year ago, Dominic and Marissa came to these woods. Someone attacked them and took her. Dominic wants her back."

     "Is he a wolf, or is he human?"

     Did it matter? "He's human."

     Jasmine let out a laugh. "That's funny. He won't be getting her back." She began to turn away, but Aaron grabbed her arm and pulled her on top of hood next to him. She looked almost shocked that he even touched her. "Aaron," she warned.