The Alcabond

The creature you next encounter, on a sunny field nestled within the Petting Zoo's forest is a bizarre one, to say the least. Perhaps one of the strangest creatures here. Here lies the Alcabond.

The Alcabond is a very strange creature, to say the least. Its head is elephantine, with dull green eyes peering from its massive head. And that very same head is connected to a body covered in white fur, with black stripes, reminiscent of a tiger. However, this tiger body has no tail, and instead of paws its supported by four, almost dinosaur like feet. It stands about twenty feet tall, and its trunk stretched to half that length. However, as you approach the Alcabond, you find that it is one of the most gentle beasts in all of Salumine. Also, one of the friendliest.

The Alcabond was a favorite steed amongst the Arabic kingdoms, a very strong and powerful magical creature who is said to share the elephants' immunity to manticore poison and magic. Their tusks are said to be made of gold, enchanted gold that makes it even more durable and valuable. That is why, one by one, they were hunted to extinction. Save for in the Petting Zoo. The Petting Zoo is home to the last of the Alcabonds, entire herds worth wandering the savannahs of Salumine. They are very intelligent, but wary of strangers. Though gentle and friendly, they can turn violent at the slightest hint of aggression. An unfortunate side effect to countless millennia of being hunted down.