Thalia

At this point, you know the forests of the Petting Zoo like the back of your hand. Every creature, known to you, every nook and cranny you can access. However, even with your knowledge, there are still many mysteries left to be solved. Starting with a curious sound you hear while exploring one day. It sounded sort of like the rustling of paper. As if the pages in a book were being turned. Your curiosity aroused, you follow the sound into a grove that previously was hidden to you. Cautiously you enter, to peer at a sight that was extraordinary, but at this point didn't surprise you in the slightest.

A beast of myth laid on a stone platform a few inches from the ground, one paw carefully turning the pages of an ancient, leather bound book, the other have a hold on a small white cup. You didn't know what was in it. Tea, perhaps? Coffee? Some magical elixir? Those thoughts quickly faded away to unimportance as you gaze on the rest of the its bodice.

With the body of a large lioness, with wings to match, and the face of a scholarly, yet beautiful woman all the same, you instantly recognize her as a sphinx. With a jolt of amusement you find a pair of delicate spectacles on her face, aiding her in her reading. Suddenly, she looks right up at you, and says in a rich, silky purr that amazingly had a British accent:

         "No need to stand at the doorway. It's horribly impolite to spy on your host. Come in, come in, make yourself at home."

Sphinxes are legendary creatures found in Greece and Egypt. They all have great amounts of wisdom and knowledge within them, and also love riddles. In ancient times, they would ask a traveler to answer a riddle. If he/she failed, the sphinx would eat them. However, as time progressed, the sphinxes became much more civilized, though they still love riddles, just as much as dragons. This particular sphinx you've met is Thalia. A stranger had placed her here in hopes she will be happy and well. Thalia is also a great friend to Ulthane, and the two will often compare wisdom and notes on various subjects, as well as challenge each other to solve each other's riddles.