24 | car rides and evasions

"How was practice?" Jade asked as Eli emerged from the boys locker room

"How was practice?" Jade asked as Eli emerged from the boys locker room. Covington Prep had reserved almost a whole quarter of the east wing for the boys locker room seeing as football was their star sport.

Although the walls were white, posters and emblems decorated the space with their standard colors of black and gold. Jade perched next to one of the doors to the entrance to the locker room, the satin jacket of her uniform making contact with the white plaster of the wall.

She asked him the question as soon as Eli appeared with the rest of the team, filling the open space of the corridor with the scent of male.

He smiled at her, full lips quirking up at the sight of the blonde haired beauty as they always did, heart beating fast and eyes lighting up so much so that a galaxy could be found in the black irises of the football player's eyes.

"It was okay I guess." He replied, waving a hand at his teammates to go on. Strands of his black mane fell across his forehead, sticking stubbornly as he had just gotten out of the shower as sweet droplets formulated and dropped onto the delicate skin.

He smelled of soap and Boss, a signature perfume that he and Seth had always the pleasure of using.

"Okay? That's it?" She raised an eyebrow, un-perching herself from the wall as she walked down the hallway with him.

Eli couldn't quite put a finger on it, but Jade was acting strange. Not that strange, but when it came to her, even the slightest tinge of uneasiness would make him alert. He would never want to hurt her, or make her cry at least.

"Yeah, nothing special."

"Okay." She glanced to his side, grey orbs resting on the bag that was slung over his shoulder. "Do you want me to carry that? It must be heavy and you're tired since you just got out of practice."