17 | sleep and phone calls

The toilet flushed loudly after Grey emptied the ungodly contents in her stomach

The toilet flushed loudly after Grey emptied the ungodly contents in her stomach. She unlatched the door of the stall, walking unsteadily as her hangover came to life, hitting her upside the head constantly. She felt like a bowling ball that was constantly rolling.

She put a hand under the tap of the sink, collecting water with her cupped hands and splashing the substance back in her face, looking at herself momentarily before tilting her head down to the direction of the tap again.

Fuck, she looked awful.

Her dark brown hair was tangled, the artificial lighting in the club making her shiny hair not look shiny at all. She didn't really know how.

Her makeup was smudged, the remainder of her eyeliner pointing downwards like she just cried a river, forming the shape of the tears that would have spilt out. Her slight highlight had disappeared with no trace and the gloss on her lips had also worn off.

Eight hours lasting makeup, my ass.

She grabbed a tissue from her purse, wiping the water and the makeup all smudged in her face and then proceeding to splash her face with water again, hoping to get rid of every piece of cake she had plastered to her face.

It took Grey a several minutes but she was able to get it done. She smoothed out the wrinkles of her gold dress, now no longer clinging to her body and grabbed her purse and strut out of the washroom of the club.

She was glad the owner of the club was one of Alex's family friends, seeing as how he was able to let her stay even after the club was closed at early morning.

She sat on one of the stools near the bar, trying to steady herself and her hangover. Opening her purse, she took out two tablets of aspirin, swallowing them with the water from the small water bottle that she had brought with her yesterday.