01 | crappy mondays

01 | crappy mondays

Grey Rutherford's train of thought was halted by the shrill sound of Seth's car horn

Grey Rutherford's train of thought was halted by the shrill sound of Seth's car horn. She was sitting daintily in front of her vanity table, applying mascara to her thick lashes, in hope of masking her sleepless eyes when he hit the horn, signalling to her that he's here to come pick her up for school.

Honestly, it wasn't as if she didn't have a vehicle, her parents had made sure that she had everything at her beck and call, but simply because she found it easier to carpool with him.

That and she loved the smell inside his convertible.

She got up and looked at her reflection. Her school uniform consisted of a white button down, made with the best quality of course and a black skirt which was three inches shorter than the regulated uniform. She paired these with nude tights and simple heels.

She didn't even recognize the girl staring back at her. The girl staring back looked perfect, happy and fulfilled in life. Except she knew she wasn't. When no one was looking Grey had let her face be clean, with no makeup and baggy clothes that the persona she had made for school wouldn't even be caught dead in. The girl she was when she was alone was frightened, tired and knew that all she had achieved in life was get the latest Michael Kors bag before anyone else. She grabbed her iPhone, her bag with all her essentials and walked down her family's luscious stairway to meet Seth in his car.

Seth Cherington's Lamborghini was parked outside the Rutherford's luxurious gate. As the metallic red colour of his car gleamed in the sunlight, she opened the door to the passenger seat, greeting him with a simple 'morning'.

He greeted her with a simple hello, his electric blue eyes gleaming as the sunlight shone on his sculptured face.

He was Covington Prep's King.

As the scion of the Cherington's family, he had more influence in his father's real estate multi-billionaire company than Senior Cherington. Of course being the only heir, his father had made sure that he would succeed the company at the young age of 18, (an odd age where Grey couldn't figure out why) ,which he was only a year away from, being turned 17 just two months prior today. His hold on his family's business affairs made it easy for him to control the whole preparatory, along with his peers, the socialites where Grey had similar power as him. They hadn't really used it to be ruthless and domineering, honestly they friendly enough to the rest of the souls that were enrolled, within certain boundaries of course. Although for a certain few months, Grey had come off as being cruel and harsh, as her panic was increasing and she only sought refuge in being instantly angry at every tiny detail.

She was trying to control it though.

"Weren't we invited to Daniel Marchesta's party today?" Grey asked, in hope of making conversation. There wasn't any tension, they've never had any actually but she felt like she wanted to say something, anything to get her mind off the things that kept bugging her.

''Yeah, why?" Seth asks in return. ''No reason particularly. All these assignments I've been handed over in school had made me feel bored. I need to let loose." He smirked. "So we're going to that? Thought we decided not to ever talk to him again due to what happened last year.''

By this time, Grey was thinking rapidly, the gears in her head shifting, plans forming in her mind. She smiled sweetly at the thought of Daniel, but her eyes were filled with venom.

"I think its time we forgive little Daniel for his mistake."

As soon as his car was parked, the blonde god and the stunning brunette got out of his convertible, walking to the entrance of Covington Prep. The double French doors were opened and they were both greeted by masses of rich, spoiled students.

"Good morning." Lisa Treenton greeted. Grey and Seth mumbled a hello, while matching Lisa's pace on their way to their lockers. "Aren't you guys excited today?" She said. Grey spared a glance her way. Despite Lisa being her friend, she had envied her ability to be bubbly and happy early in the morning, a talent that Grey never had, due to her grumpy nature and need for sleep. If she wanted to stay awake, alcohol and caffeine would help her do so only.

"Excited for what?" Seth asked, his hand running through his messy platinum blonde hair.

"The new teacher silly!" She replied, playing with some strands of her long chestnut brown hair.

"Who?" Grey asked, suddenly interested in the interesting conversation they were discussing. "The new English teacher! He's rumored to be young and good looking. You know the cliche of hot teachers."

"If it doesn't involve me I don't particularly care. Besides, I'm not gay to be interested in him.'' Seth shrugged and Grey nodded in agreement. Giggling about hot teachers was definitely something she didn't have the time to do. Her drug supply was running out and running out fast. She needed to get some fast, if not she wouldn't know to what lengths of insanity and panic she will go to.

She grabbed her English books from her locker, her first period, and trudged along with Seth and Lisa. The masses of kids parted like a sea when they came into sight. Her heart wrenched and turned, feeling conflicted. The persona she had made had almost consumed her once. The cruelty and harshness that she had used to get her way had been permanently etched into her body system, making herself cruel and harsh even when she didn't need to. The girl that was scared and needed help had almost been consumed by her cruel persona and therefore as these souls parted themselves in order to make room for them she had felt dignity and pride. Euphoria would come over and this feeling was like a drug, like someone would at least listen to her, like she was in control.

There was, however some other idiot that had to ruin the feeling that she so liked. She sat down at the back row, the row specifically reserved for the socialites, the upper circle that ruled Covington Prep. Her head was buried on top of her desk, trying to catch a moments sleep before the new teacher that Lisa mentioned would come.

"Okay guys, settle down. I'm your new teacher Kyle Hastings and I guess I hope that we can get along well."

It was first the sound of his familiar voice that made Grey's head shoot straight up from her desk. She straightened, searching his face for some sort of mistake. But no, his copper hair was the same, cut short and all. He still had his ear piercing and his signature smile that ruined her was etched into his face.

Shit.

Well ;))) first chapter out !! And I know it's pretty slow but the pace will pick up in a few chapters or so ;)) happy reading !!!-Din

-Din

the banner used for maybe forever is made by the amazing angeltanyas !! please go check her book out, it's amazing y'all.