Plans Of The Morning

Start from the beginning

"I'm seventeen." He stated firmly. That only made me cringe harder. I'm sorry, but if you can't break the rules every now and again, then you are one of the most sheltered and I have a lot to show you; that is if you decide to be my friend.

"I'm sixteen and I don't have to ask my mom to leave the house. She may not agree sometimes, but I still do it." I say. He seemed to revolt at the idea when I heard him spit out the next line.

"You just up and go out anytime you want to, permission or not?" He asks. Wow, this was going to take a lot of time. I internally scream thinking about all the things I'm going to have to put him through. How many times he's going to have to get pissed off. How many times I'm going to have to scare him. I almost felt bad.

"Basically." I reply. He goes silent for a moment before sighing.

"Oh wow. Okay. Well, back to my question. Wanna go out?" He asks. I debate for a moment. Do I really want to go out? Should I make this a challenge?

"Yes. However, it's on one condition." I state simply, waiting to hear his reply.

"What condition?" He asks.

"Why don't you just say yes or no, then find out." I smile devilishly over the phone. I heard him sigh before letting out the lone word that would make this the first fun escapade of many. If everything went right.

"Fine."

•••

I never exactly expected him to agree. It was quite a shock when he decided to say yes. After he did, all I asked for was his address. Then I explained I would be picking him up. Now, guess what I'm doing. More importantly, guess what time it is.

I'm walking to his house at the moment. Speaking of the moment, this moment is at 2:33 in the morning.

It's literally the dead of morning and here I am, wide awake and walking down the street. The cool wind brushes my face and neck as my hoodie keeps my body warm. Music blasts in my ears as my speaker is silently stored in the big pocket of my hoodie. I'm carrying my green skateboard in one hand, and a blue skateboard in the other, also a hand-me-down from Malcolm. All my skateboards are from my siblings, not that it bothers me.

I grin as I reach Marks house, an evil smile plastered on my face. I quietly sit the skateboards beside a bush out front and I grab a small pebble, throwing it at Marks window.

Tap.

No response. I pick up another one, slightly smaller and throw just a little harder.

Tap.

I groan before I think about how to get Mark to answer. Finally, I decide on something that was completely last call. I step up onto his porch, placing my foot on the rail as I gripped onto the column and hoisted myself up onto the rail of the front porch. I grab ahold of the gutter, checking to make sure it was firmly in place. A little unsteady, so I decide to move as quickly as possible.

I grip the gutter and quickly jump, swinging my body onto the roof as swiftly and as quietly as I possibly could. I stop to catch my breath for a moment, looking out at the view from the roof - much prettier than I expected. I thought about the task at hand, crawling over to Marks window and quietly tapping on it. I pull one headphone out and turn down the music, making sure I'm not too loud. I looked inside the window into the room.

I could only guess it was Marks room. From his notebooks at school, I could tell stars were his signature; to back up my evidence of Marks domain, there were little glow stars on the ceiling and a small black light in the corner (at least I thought it was a black light) that wasn't even plugged into the wall.

"Mark." I harshly whisper, rapping on his window with my knuckles again, causing him to stir slightly. I didn't want him to have time to brush me off so I lightly tapped on the window again, speaking only a little louder than a whisper.

"Mark!" I say. He sits up and throws his legs over the bed drowsily. He's probably still half asleep at this point. He's only in his boxers and socks as his head hangs sleepily, but it's something I don't really mind.

"Open the window." I say. He looks at me and its like he wakes up completely because his eyes grow wide as he stands up frenetically, bending down to quickly pull on his pants. I roll my eyes and patiently wait on him. I stare at him through the dark. He was actually in better shape than I had first thought him; he had a six pack and looked strong in the arms. Quite impressive for our age. I was glad the darkness hid a light blush that had come over my cheeks. I forced my blush back, waiting on him.

He buttons the denim jeans and makes his way over, not bothering to drag himself to his dresser and throw on a shirt. It's something I still don't mind, but if it were anyone else, I would be half offended at the fact that they can't even bother to dress properly upon my arrival. However, I had to admit that it was slightly my fault. It was pushing three in the morning, for one. For second, I never did give a specific time of when I'd be here. No wonder he wasn't ready.

He opens the window and rubs his eyes slightly, tired yet still seemingly appalled at the fact that I showed up in the wee hours of the morning.

"Get dressed, you're coming with me." I say to him. He stares at me a brief moment, trying to gaze into my soul. I can almost read his thoughts with the glance. His mind is probably saying, 'What kind of person shows up at someone's house at 2:45 in the morning. Is there a point in this?' But I wait to hear his thoughts spill from his lips before I go jumping to conclusion. As his lips part to speak, I realized my guess is pretty close.

"Coming with you? To where exactly? Where the hell do you plan to go? It's near three in the morning! Y'know you could have called me instead of scaling the side of my fucking house. Are you trying to get on my nerves?" He quietly exclaims. I just smirk. Without a second thought, I crawl into his room before he could stop me. He didn't protest, yell, or tell me to get out of his house and fuck off. He only sighed and shut the window.

"That's something you'll have to find out," I smirked, "Now get dressed, you're coming with me." I tell him.

"Answer me. Where are we going?" He asks. I groan quietly in response as I throw a shirt and some socks at him.

"All will be revealed shortly. Don't give me anymore static or you'll fuck the whole thing up. Let's move!" I said.

"Why? What will I fuck up?" He asks me. I just look at him and smirk.

"The best morning of your life."

----
So. Things are now getting interesting. You already know of my problems of updating but I will continue to apologize to you all for the wait. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I love you all for being so patient with me.

Sorry. Had to do it at least once. vvv

Punch the VOTE button in the face LIKE A BOSS. High fives all around and I will see you IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! 😂

-Sam!