He brought me down and planted a long and deep kiss on my lips. I smiled as he did when our lips moved against each other, perfectly in sync.

"Happy birthday," I whisper. He smiles wider and kisses me again. I don't think I will ever get used to the tingles I feel deep inside of me everytime we touch.

"Thank you," he said. He scooped me up and carried me down to the picnic. He settled me down gently before sitting down beside me.

"You arranged all of this?" he asked. I smirked as I poured some wine for both of us.

"Yep. If my dad realizes his bottle of wine is missing, tell him it wasn't me," I said. He laughed and I cherished the sound.

"We're not 21," he pointed out. I shrugged.

"Since when has that stopped us?" I said teasingly. After sneaking out, getting hidden tattoos and buying my own motorcycle, this seems quite tame.

"I honestly forgot that it was my birthday today," he said. My eyes widen in surprise.

"Seriously? No cakes or presents? Or anything?" I ask.

"My parents barely know I exist. Let alone that it's my birthday today," Lucas answers. I slide closer and hug him tightly. He strokes my hair, his fingers lingering on my back.

"How did you know it was my birthday, by the way?" he asked. I bit my lip, debating whether or not to tell him the truth.

Honestly? It involved a lot of threatening some stalker girls. I swear it is creepy how a girl could know everything if they have a crush on it.

"I have my ways," I finally answer. He stares at my lips and my eyes fall down to his.

He leans forward and kisses me again, slowly and softly. His tongue darts out and licks my bottom lip.

I pull away and take a sip of the wine. I'm trying to calm down my rapidly beating heart.

He chuckles when he sees my flushed cheeks. He lifts his wine glass in a toast and I raise mine.

"To your 19th birthday," I say. He smiles before clinking his glass to mine.

"And to my awesome girlfriend," he says. I playfully glare at him before slapping his arm lightly. Lucas kisses my cheek, his lips moist and cold from the wine.

"I thought boys were supposed to be the one to pull off amazingly romantic gestures," he says. I shrug before drinking a bit more wine.

"I said I wanted to break cliches, didn't I?" I say. He smiled softly at me, something in his eyes. A feeling I can't decipher nor describe.

"And I love you," he says. Lucas is practically glowing with happiness. His hand cups my cheek and rubs my forehead with the pad of his thumb.

"I love you too, Lucas," I say. Lucas touches his forehead to mine and whispers sweet nothings to me.

"I am the luckiest guy in the whole world," he whispers. I raise an eyebrow skeptically.

"Dating a broken and emotionally drained girl? I don't think that makes anyone lucky," I say. He chuckles, the action making his chest rumble with laughter.

"Dating you is like playing with a firecracker. You're wild and dangerous, but beautiful and mesmerizing. You make everything brighter. And," he says with a wink. "You always want to light up more."

This feels right. Everything feels so right.

Most are scared to fall in love. But that's because they think heartbreak is a package with love. It's not.

Love is knowing that someone cares for you. Love is that warm feeling inside yourself everytime you see that someone smile. Love is the satisfaction you get hearing them laugh.

Heartbreak comes from falling out of love. And if you're planning to fall out of love, you might as well not love at all.

Loving and trusting someone is risky. You put yourself in their hands, giving them the power to hurt you.

But Lucas is worth it.

And besides, as Sirius Black once said, what is life without a little risk?

:

A/N
Hey guys!

I just ended the chapter with a Harry Potter reference. Is it still not clear that I am a Potterhead?
(Gryffindor Pride!!)

Anyway, happy birthday Lucas! I feel like making a character is like having my own kid. My baby is all grown up now! But I don't think I'll have actual babies since my expectations for boys is sky high.

Thanks a lot Wattpad! Now I'm gonna stay single forever because of all the perfect boys here *cough* Aiden Parker *cough* *cough* Asher Reed *cough* Caleb Lockhart *cough*

If you guys have the same Wattpad crushes, I love you. But back off! They're mine!

Please comment and vote if you liked this chapter! I really love all of you guys!

Stay awesome,

Angie

:

Word count: 1445