Surprise, Surprise

~Brendon's POV~

Today they're announcing nominees for prom king and queen.

Ryan and I are in Chemistry when they're announced.

"Greetings, fellow students of Las Vegas High!" Sarah Orzechowaki, the student body president, says over the loud speaker.

"A week ago, you nominated students for prom king and queen. After tallying votes, we have come up with your nominees! Nominees for prom king are Patrick Stump, Dallon Weekes," of course. "And Brendon Urie." Wait, what the fuck?

Ryan looks over at me and smiles.

"Your nominees for prom queen are Breezy Douglas, myself, and Ryan Ross." Again, what the fuck. This has got to be a joke.

After class, I pull Ryan aside into the library.

"This has got to be a joke!" I exclaim, sitting us down at a table near the back, behind a book shelf.

Ryan shakes his head. "I don't think so. You saw how everyone was whispering about us after we got hurt?"

I can't believe it. I'm so upset. "What are we gonna do?" I ask.

Ryan seems to have kept his calm. "Babe, there's not a lot we can do. But you know what we will do?"

I shake my head.

"We're not gonna let this ruin our prom, okay?" He reaches a hand across the table to grab mine. I take a deep breath and smile.

"We're going to prom no matter what." He tells me.

I lace our fingers. "Of course."

"Prom is all about us."

"Our love." I correct him.

He smiles and nods. "Our love." He agrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan and I decide to eat lunch in the library. We don't want to be disturbed by people saying, "Look, it's princess Ryanne!" or something like that.

But, sadly, we can't escape everyone.

Ryan and I are somewhat silently eating our lunches, when someone slides down in an empty seat at our table.

"Well, well, well, look who it is!" Ew, it's Dallon. He can burn in hell.

"Fuck you, Dallon." I say without even meaning to.

He looks surprised. He recovers quickly. How wonderful. "What did you just say to me?" He lets out a nervous laugh.

"He said 'fuck you, Dallon.'" Ryan steps in, which kind of surprises me. "Do you need your ears checked?"

Again, Dallon seems surprised. Astonished, even. "Well, I'll leave you two fags to eat your lunch in peace." And with that, he gets up and walks away.

After he's out of the library, Ryan and I burst out laughing, which causes the librarian to throw a sharp, "shhhhhh!" at us.

"What even was that?!" I ask, leaning in, still laughing.

Ryan leans in, too. "I don't know! I didn't even know I was about to say that!"

"We really scared him away, huh?" I can barely breathe because I'm laughing so hard.

Ryan suddenly stopped laughing, and grabbed my hand. "I know what we have to do."

I look into his eyes, and nod.

"Tomorrow, I'm gonna embrace the fact that I just got nominated prom queen!"

I laugh. "How?"

"I'm gonna dress up as 'Princess Ryanne'." He replies, mocking Dallon.

"That's good." I laugh so hard I start to tear up. "That's really really good."

Ryan gets up out of his seat, curtsies to the right, then to the left, and sits back down. He's the love of my life. He knows how to laugh it off. He's fragile and complicated, not boring. I could talk to him for hours, and never want to reach the end of it. He could dress up as a princess and pretend to be a girl, and I wouldn't care. Heck, he could be transgender and I'd stay with him (not saying I'm transphobic- I'm saying he could be a girl and I wouldn't love him any less).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Ryan and I get back home, my parents are out.

"You know what that means." Ryan says, flicking his eyebrows up quickly twice, making me laugh.

I take his hands and pull him into my room. He closes the door with his foot after we're in, and then lays me down on my bed. He climbs on top of me and begins kissing me.

It's a tongue-less kiss. Very passionate and innocent- clearly love and not lust. We don't go any further than kissing, which I guess I like. I haven't had just a make out session with him in a while, let alone anything at all. There are upsides to living with your parents and your boyfriend, but definitely downsides, too.

Ryan gets off of me, and we lay side by side in my bed. We lace our fingers, and I'm the first to speak.

"I'm always gonna love you, babe." I whisper.

He nods, and then we're silent again. Ryan puts his head on my chest, and we both fall asleep.