Chapter 1: Future Awaits

Ahhh... first story I have ever shared in public. To be honest, this idea for a story just came into my mind a few days ago while I was at school (I know, weird), and the fact that I love Ubisoft's For Honor and its interesting story (despite never actually playing the game) just made sure that I would write this. Anyways, first story ever, any kind of criticism is welcome as I will find way to improve myself from those (nicer criticisms are preferred tho :/). Hope you enjoy people!

And before you read the story, disclaimer first and foremost:

I do not, in any way own For Honor, its plot, and its characters. If I did, I would have made the universe of For Honor modernized.

++++++++++++++++++++

"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance."

-Confucius

"We are the guardians of our people. We stand strong against all invaders. Duty is our shield. Order, our weapon. When we defend the weak, we are... immortal."

          -The Knights of Ashfeld

- General POV -

As a kid, (Y/n) of House (L/n) always wanted to be one of those soldiers who he heard from his childhood friends. One of those friends is Ademar, who is one of the reasons why he is so determined to be a Knight in the first place. He was always (Y/n)'s friend, protecting him from the bullies out there when he played with his friends. Ademar also wanted to be a Knight himself, and seeing that none of his own friends wanted to follow him in his dream, he encouraged (Y/n) to be one, and so that he wouldn't be alone when he starts training, as he can be a little shy when it comes to older people, much to (Y/n)'s amusement.

Fast forward to the future, (Y/n) finally reached his lifelong dream, even exceeding it. A Warden. The most honorable of all the Knights have a well built reputation in Ashfeld. Many tried to enter, only a select few did. (Y/n) being called a Warden is something so high up that he never thought of even making it. If he remembers correctly, his trainer mentioned something about (Y/n), something that could change the way the people from the far lands view each other. The trainer also saw that in Ademar, albeit at a 'lesser scale,' which he responded with a face that says 'I'd spoil your food if you weren't my trainer.'

Now clad in a Warden's armor and wielding their signature longsword, (Y/n) established a new goal. He saw how Ashfeld is falling apart piece by piece due to the shaky government the Iron Legion had enforced. Different other legions fight each other for glory, riches, or territory. Seeing the same thing over and over for the past years as a knight in training, (Y/n) started to doubt if he made the right choice becoming the Knight he had dreamt to be.

But there came the Blackstone Legion: a new legion appearing on Ashfeld. They are very capable individuals, more so than the other warring legions. They are a promising bunch, (Y/n) once thought. With the declining of the Iron Legion and the rising power of the Blackstones, he and Ademar joined in hopes of finding a solution to hopefully bring peace not only to Ashfeld, but also to their neighbors.

He and Ademar never really met the warlord they are serving under, but they did find leadership under Holden Cross, a revered member of the Blackstone Legion.

For two years, (Y/n) and Ademar fought alongside Cross in many battles. They battled in the North, South, East and West of Ashfeld, though they never did leave the borders. They couldn't remember, but at some point of their membership of the Blackstones, Holden personally promoted them to their respective ranks of today: (Y/n) was given command over a small portion of their armies and Ademar became the Lawbringer's right hand man.