Surprise

"Where the bloody hell are you lot taking me?" I demand as I stumble over my own feet for what feels like the thousandth time.

     "Patience is a virtue, you know," Sirius comments, and I don't have to see his face to know he's wearing a smug ass grin on his lips.

     They had thrown a blindfold over my eyes the moment I left the potions classroom. Currently, I'm being led to Merlin knows where. The blindfold is magically stuck to me; there is no chance of removal.

     "We're almost there, I promise," Remus reassures me. I can't be sure, but he sounds slightly amused at the situation. 

      With normal friends, I suppose most people would be excited for whatever surprise awaited them at the end of the trek. With my idiotic friends, I'm suspicious as fuck. I'll probably end up in a pile of centaur dung.

     "I don't trust any of you," I voice my thoughts as we walk farther and farther through Hogwarts.

     "I'm hurt," Peter remarks.

      I hear a deep sigh from my left. "Deeply hurt!" And there's Sirius.

     "Okay," Remus announces, gripping my arms, pulling me to a stop. "We're here."

     "Great," I comment. "Can I take my blindfold off now?"

     "No," Sirius replies exasperated. "What? Are you mad?"

     I sigh. "Then, what are we doing?"

     "Pushing you into the lake," Sirius replies chirpily.

     "WHAT?"

     I feel a set of hands shove against my back, and I quickly put my hands in front of me, bracing for the chilly lake water to catch me. It doesn't. Instead of a soft fall into water, the ground catches me. My palms scrape against dirt, and my face collides with the grass.

    Roaring laughter sounds behind me, and I roll onto my back, checking to see if I broke my glasses as my head pounds. "I hate you all."

    The blindfold becomes encased in a yellow light before loosening from around my eyes. I pull it from my face and am blinded by bright sunlight and the sight of my three best mates laughing their arses off.

     I sit up, and Sirius wipes tears from his eyes. "That wasn't part of the plan," Peter pants. 

     "I improvised," Sirius admits. "I just wanted to see what happened."

     "Why the bloody hell was I blindfolded?" I demand as I get to my feet, glaring at the lot of them.

     "I bet these two a few months ago that I could get you to wear a blindfold for a solid ten minutes," Peter replies with a shrug, as Remus and Sirius hand over a few galleons.

     "Happy birthday to me," I roll my eyes.

     "Don't worry, Prongs," Remus grins. "We have an actual surprise. Come on."

     The three of them turn to head back up to the castle. "Why did you bring me outside, if we're just going back inside?" I demand, still slightly annoyed.

     "I didn't know where else to bring you that would take ten minutes," Peter replies, throwing his hands up.

     They lead me up the winding stairs of Hogwarts giving me hell for my fall, and Sirius laughs all over again every time he thinks about it. I am secretly glad that Peter won his bet because Sirius and Remus always win; I'm convinced they rig the bets somehow.