They wanted to tell us because Parrish said he's going to leave and the only other way to save everyone would have to be me.

While they were telling us, I felt my body getting weak.

"What's wrong?" Argent asked.

"Something's happening."

"You should hear the rest of the story." Gerard said.

"Why should I be listening to you?"

"He knows it better than any of us." Chris said.

I looked down at my phone and I noticed that Stiles, Cassie, and Malia had called me.

"Everything I've read says that the Beast was killed by Jean Chastel." I said.

"Who told you that? The Internet?" Gerard asked her. "If that's your most reliable source of information, then you might as well go."

Chris looked at me so I nodded.

He told me that a friend of Marie-Jeanne's brother, Henri, took her to a protected place after everyone was killed in the hunt, except her. And he told her everything he knew about werewolves. She wanted to know how to kill it. She tried to make a trap to find out who it was but there was no success. She even though she did it, but the man, Marcel, was just covering it, but he did tell her about it. Marie-Jeanne confronted her brother the moment she walked back into the Tavern and he confirmed it. He confirmed he killed out those people and that he would kill more if she tried to tell anyone. So she went back to Henri to figure out how to kill both a Beast and a brother. Marie-Jeanne hunted Sebastien for three years until she finally cornered him in 1767. And she killed him.

"Damnatio Memoriae."

"They erased every detail of him. Everything he signed, everything he owned." Chris said.

"They burned it all," Gerard said. "The name Sebastien Valet has been forgotten for over 150 years, but when it's remembered... "

"When the Beast remembers, the teenager inside is forgotten." Chris said.

"Gone. Forever." Gerard looked at me.

"But Marie-Jeanne didn't do it alone. She was never alone. She had help from Henri, the Magistrate, the town, even Marcel. We need Parrish. I'm going to go find him." I said.

"Lydia, he's dangerous," Chris said. "He's still a shapeshifter. And one who's just beginning to understand his power."

"And we're not?" I looked at him.

"You're not the same. You access the supernatural. It works through you." Chris told me.

"But it doesn't control you." Gerard said.

"How would you know? Why do you care? Why are you suddenly on our side?" I asked.

"Because it's my name as well. Marie-Jeanne never left Henri after the death of her brother. And their relationship becomes more than a partnership. They married and she took his name." Gerard said.

"Argent."

"Marie-Jeanne was the first hunter." Chris said.

"Our name will be remembered as well, girls. For killing the Beast." Gerard said.

I looked at them. "But I'm not an Argent. And I'm not Allison."

"