naked girl

naked girl - chapter twenty three

cassie

"She ate the live?" Scott asked us as we walked towards the school.

So, last night, someone got into the cemetery and literally stole a liver from a dead body. And Scott thinks it's Lydia.

"No, I didn't say she ate it." Stiles mumbled. "I just said it was missing. And you know what? Even if she did, how what? It's the most nutritious part of the body."

"I never ate anyone's liver." Scott said.

"Gross." I groaned.

"Yeah, right, 'cause when it comes to werewolves, you're a real model of self-control." Stiles scoffed. "Actually, wait--hold on. You're the test case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you." Stiles said, pointing at Scott.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"I mean like what was going through your mind when you were turning, you know? What were you drawn to?" Stiles asked him.

Scott smiles. "Cassie."

I felt my cheeks getting red and my brother rolled his eyes.

"Okay, nothing else?" Stiles groaned. "Seriously?"

"Nothing else mattered." Scott said, grabbing my hand and I smiled, making Stiles groan at us. "But, no, that's good, though, right? 'Cause the night that Lydia was bit, she was with you."

Stiles sighs. "Yeah, but she was looking for... Jackson."

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

I walked over Allison's locker to find her and I saw two girls talking about her and Kate. Allison was looking really upset.

"Wow. Your life must be really boring, huh?" I crossed my arms, looking at the two girls. "Why don't you do a favor to humanity and shut the hell up? How does that sound?" I smirked and they walked away.

Allison smiled at me. "Thank you, Cass." I nodded and grabbed her arm, pulling her to a classrooom.

"Not a problem. So, any news?" I asked her.

"No. The rest of my family are coming for Kate's funeral." She said, wiping her tears.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I-I can't do this. I can't-- I can't go to the funeral. Everyone is going to be watching me, and there are going to be cameras there, and I can't--" She started to panic.

"Yes, you can." I told her. "Allison, you'll be fine."

"I can't even thank you enough for really trying to be my friend..." She said. "It means a lot to me."

"Ah, it's okay." I smiled and we chuckled.

"I can't go and be like this." She said, pointing to herself.

"Well, aren't you supposed to cry at funerals?"

"For her?" She mumbled.

"It doesn't matter. You know, you could be.... crying for you, you know? You lost someone. Maybe Kate wasn't totally who you thought she was, but you still lost her." I said and she hugged me.

"Thank you."

"And we'll be there. Me, Scott and Stiles. Not right next to you but we'll be there. To support you." I said.

"You're amazing." She said. "Really, I can't believe that Scott--"

"Hey, it's okay. You didn't know I liked him." I said. "It's fine."