distracting

distracting – chapter seventy one

scott

Stiles and I walked towards the field.

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?" He asked.

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me." I told him.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles asked me.

I shrugged. "I didn't have the money to call France."

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles murmured.

"Another notice?"

"Yeah, this one said, "Final." He sighs. "Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got, like, 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." Stiles said.

I frowned as I looked at the field and I saw a young boy there, and he was really good.

"It is now."

Stiles turned around and he widened his eyes when he saw the boy, who looked fourteen, playing like a pro, catching every single ball they threw at him.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles snapped.

He took off his helmet, yeah, he's definitely fourteen

"Nice, Liam," Garrett shouted. "You might just be our first ever freshman captain."

Stiles and I widened our eyes.

"Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit." Stiles said, dragging me to the field.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Stiles and I entered the boy's locker room and we found the guy putting on a t-shirt, so we stopped behind him and he widened his eyes when he turned around.

"Hey, Liam. You want to explain what that was out there?" Stiles asked him.

"What do you mean?" Liam frowned.

"That little display. Your little circus act." Stiles said.

"What circus act?" Liam asked.

Stiles smirked. "You caught every shot."

"